• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Day 3 with Jumbo Joe! Yes its Chicken!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Ok well I really liked last nights dinner.. I had left over chicken legs, so i went to the store picked up a few thighs.. I'm gettin the hang of this pretty quick.. I really enjoying cooking over the charcoal.

SeM5poWl.jpg

7IBXqkFl.jpg

dA47HpAl.jpg

So that's the JJ Premium, 22" with legs? Food looks great.

Still trying to figure why Weber would come out with such a model because it competes with the JJ and 18" & 22" OTS...? At only $74 looks like a bargain.

Looks great! I was away from charcoal for a long time when I went through my pellet stage and I got a hankering for burgers grilled over charcoal…picked up some cHaeckel and wood cookers as it’s a flavor that can’t be be had by other means

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So that's the JJ Premium, 22" with legs? Food looks great.

Still trying to figure why Weber would come out with such a model because it competes with the JJ and 18" & 22" OTS...? At only $74 looks like a bargain.

Well after I did some research... this Jumbo Joe 22".. yes with legs.. is a walmart exclusive.. they only sell it at walmart and when I bought it it had a $74 price tag.. It's just a shallower bottom instead of a rounded bottom... I can see my self buying a kettle in the next few years.. just because of the round bottom and cleaning ash.. But this works great!

Looks great! I was away from charcoal for a long time when I went through my pellet stage and I got a hankering for burgers grilled over charcoal…picked up some cHaeckel and wood cookers as it’s a flavor that can’t be be had by other means

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hate to say it.. I've got smokers, I've got grills.. Its by far the best "grilled" indirect food I've had so far.. I haven't done any direct heat cooking yet.. I'm thinking Brats or burgers... Maybe both tomorrow!

Edit: Oops.. I guess that was a lie.. I direct grilled steak, mushrooms and shrimp the first night!

Do you guys reuse left over charcoal? I have been shaking them off.. cleaning the ash out of the grill.. and just adding it ontop of the chimney.
Not just briquets. You can knock the ash off lump charcoal too

Great cooks so far, and the best thing about it is that you are keeping the house cool by cooking outdoors (a great advantage with my wife). Very nice chicken.

Yep, nothing gets thrown out. I been just using the vortex lately and I just shake the grate and add the hot chimney coals on top of it.

Looks like you got it going on , don't forget to throw some shag bark hickory on it when you get the food on, it will take it to another level imo, it don't take much

Back