Y'all Can Kiss My...

Ok, I don’t know how to use the quote feature. I presume 16adams was asking what kind of grill I used. For last night’s lamb chops I used a 12” diameter iron pot grill I bought at the drugstore for $6.00. Including the carrying case cum cooler and foldable flip grill rack. Cooks like a dream.

Yes, I have other grills but this is the one I used last night.

I don't think he was asking about what you cook on. I'd bet he was pointing out that he owns several styles of cooker and this is just another option for him.

I did a Whole Chicken on the PB 820/RecTec/Smoke Daddy stick burner tonight.

I Turned the Pellet pooper off at 165F in the drum/thigh joint and opened the lid. It went up to 170F before declining. The breast was around 155-160F.

Cherry was the stick of choice. I'll post some pics of the Stick burner/diffuser tomorrow.

Bonus video/pics.
https://streamable.com/yf3ehk

rochick1.jpg

rotchick2.jpg

rotchick3.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent score! I still remember the first time I saw a PB pellet muncher in Walmart. I remember lifting the lid and kicking the tires. I was surprised and impressed with the heft of it! Welcome back to the wonderful world of pellet cooking, Adams!

Keep watching Walmart website. I’m watching the Expert Grill Pellet that’s 297 with a PID
It goes half I’m buying for my Son for Christmas. It’s smaller but big enough.

Five year warranty. First two in my signature are pretty safe-even the ASF Tabletop is mostly safe. All other cookers stay-on probation:grin:

I totally agree with not being able to pass that deal up. That corner of the patio sure looks like the perfect spot. Congrats!

Looking forward to seeing how this cooker works out for you, Adams.

I would definitely have bought that for $250, esp with a 5 year warranty!

That is one beautiful bird. Looks like a page out of Gourmet magazine.

I’ve had two Pitboss cookers and seeing one makes me want to drop kick it. Hopefully the Austin XL treats you right.

I’ve had two Pitboss cookers and seeing one makes me want to drop kick it. Hopefully the Austin XL treats you right.

I plan to use this with roasting racks and pans, cast iron cooking-which I really enjoy. I don’t plan to use it with food dripping through the grates into the shields. Honestly Czarbecue with the 30+ at least cookers I’ve owned the best flavor IMHO comes from a drum. Others will argue, and I'm fine with that but I think the smoke grilled taste from a drum cooker is awesome.

I had been watching the Masterbuilt Gravity waiting a steep closeout but this Austin XL popped while wife and I were walking and, the rest is history.

My friend was in the same situation this week. He noticed it on clearance. (He runs a Walmart) He asked my thoughts.

IMG-20210724-123636.jpg

Later that evening I received another text from my friend.

IMG-20210724-123652.jpg

I'm not sure how good of a pellet grill Cuisinart makes or how long it will last but hard to hate the price.

Going to check it’s jealousy level. Tiernan SOB gets today’s call

Last edited:
Here is some pics of the stick burning diffuser for the Pit Boss. I use about 4 big chunks per side. I got about 2 hours of smoke with chunks, you can probably get a lot longer out of log/sticks but they cost too much online and i haven't found a local source that sells cords for cooking.
pbdiff1.jpg

pbdiff2.jpg

pbdiff3.jpg

pbdiff4.jpg

pbdiff5.jpg

Back