servsafe requirements

grizzly0925

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Which is the ServSafe usually required for vending. If you are filing an LLC are you required to do the Management one, or are you able to do the food handler? It may possibly vary by state and location. Wasn't sure if it was a general need as far as which one. ( I know you need it to be legit).

Just found it on the website, I was looking in the wrong place. Looks like it would be the mgmt program i would need to pass I believe, sorry for the noise haha

A guy I know with a combination vending and catering trailer took several classes including ServSafe, and some courses at the community college. His reasoning was simple.... he wanted to know the rules forward and backward, and top to bottom so there would be no hassles or surprises with the health department, City Council and fire department.

Grizzly, you are correct that you will want to take the management course. I had restaurant experience in the past, but I did learn quite a bit in the management course. They make you write up a mock HACCP plan which is something you'll need to have for any food business. So definitely a good course.

Back