MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-13-2021, 06:06 PM   #31
MQ2
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
I have a 20x36.

Options I have:

Pull Handle (I move my pit to use it. Must have for me)
Gas assist. (in 2+ years I have yet to use it. I start the pit with a large chimney of Lump.)
1/2" fire grate (this is very nice but heavy)
Ash pan (I like having this but it is definitely not a necessity)
Probe ports (I have both but you could absolutely survive with one)
Fan port (I did not request this but somehow its there, I'll never use it)
Custom cover (its still in the box and my pit lives outside. Wish I would have kept the money. I simply wipe the pit down with a water/oil mixture every so often)
Fire management basket (this wasn't available when I bought my pit. It is 100% a must have and should really come standard IMO. Makes the pit predictable and ridiculously easy to run)
Ball valve (I bought this separately after I got the pit. Its very handy.)
Charcoal "S" basket (I have yet to use it. Probably should have waited till I found myself needing it to buy it)

I also have a stainless shelf but I had this made as I thought what LSG was charging was too rich. My shelf is also larger than the one LSG offers.
can be seen here

I spread things around on my cookers so my LSG doesn't see a ton of use but it does get used. It is an awesome pit and a pleasure to run. It still brings a smile to my face when I look at it sitting in the backyard. They make really nice stuff. You won't be disappointed.

My advice on options.... Get anything you think you may want now that can't be added later.(i.e. pull handle, ports)
If it can be added later wait and see if you really need it. I would have saved myself a decent amount of money had I done this.
Great info. The only thing I’m really torn on is the pull handle. I would like for it to Be on the main chamber vs the stack but LSG seems reluctant to put it there. I will be moving it to cook but only a few feet from my shop to outside.
MQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 04-14-2021, 09:16 AM   #32
MQ2
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Love the idea of the S basket but will build my own from material i already have. That way i can use it in both of my smokers. Plus i don't think I'll use it much anyway.
MQ2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->