***Vote! BBQ Brethren "Asian Style BBQ" Throwdown - Vote!***

***Vote! BBQ Brethren "Asian Style BBQ" Throwdown - Vote!***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mine is usually the other way around, I usually can't see some pics from my phone, but can see them all on my laptop. For this TD I can't see QN & ronbrad62's pics on my phone.
Just checked my phone and it's the same for me. I rarely view the forum from my phone so it's no biggie for me but it may be for others.

I can see them on my Windows based Laptop.

I'm not sure why but I routinely cannot see the pictures posted by SmokinAussie and Shiz-Nit on my Windows based Laptop. I can only see their pictures when I view them on my Apple I-Pad.

Mine is usually the other way around, I usually can't see some pics from my phone, but can see them all on my laptop. For this TD I can't see QN & ronbrad62's pics on my phone.

Just checked my phone and it's the same for me. I rarely view the forum from my phone so it's no biggie for me but it may be for others.

I looked at the image info for QN and ronbrad's entries, and both have one thing in common: their images were uploaded to the site, and are not hosted on a 3rd party site like most of us use. Would some of you mind taking a look at the photos in the actual entry thread for these two and see if they are visible? That may help us narrow down the issue a bit.

To answer your question, yes!

From my perspective, everyone who enters any Throwdown is a winner just for showing up and taking the time to prepare, and then document their cook! Sometimes the given throwdown category is an opportunity to push the envelope of creativity or delve deeper into tried and true favorites. I think we got a bit of both on this one!

Totally agree with you Richard

I looked at the image info for QN and ronbrad's entries, and both have one thing in common: their images were uploaded to the site, and are not hosted on a 3rd party site like most of us use. Would some of you mind taking a look at the photos in the actual entry thread for these two and see if they are visible? That may help us narrow down the issue a bit.

In the cook threads for QN and ronbrad's entries, I can see the photos (Android 11 tablet, Chrome).

For the entry photos in this thread, I can

- see them on Windows 10, Chrome
- not see them on my Samsung tablet, Android 11, Chrome
- not see them on my Samsung tablet, Android 11, Samsung browser
- not see them on my Samsung phone, Android 9, Chrome

Not sure if this helps or not.

But one thing's for sure, looking at the pics in this thread is making me hungry. And the vote was extremely difficult! The expertise of the folks in this forum is simply outstanding.

-Dom

I can see both QN & Ronbrads pics on my Windows based laptop & Apple I-Pad but not on my Samsung / Android phone. Once I select their names and view their post the pics become visible on the phone as well.

I cannot see the pics of SmokinAussie or Shiz-Nit on my Windows based laptop. I can see them on my Apple I-Pad and Samsung / Android phone. If I select their names and view their post their pics still are not visible on the Windows based laptop.

In the cook threads for QN and ronbrad's entries, I can see the photos (Android 11 tablet, Chrome).

For the entry photos in this thread, I can

- see them on Windows 10, Chrome
- not see them on my Samsung tablet, Android 11, Chrome
- not see them on my Samsung tablet, Android 11, Samsung browser
- not see them on my Samsung phone, Android 9, Chrome

Not sure if this helps or not.

But one thing's for sure, looking at the pics in this thread is making me hungry. And the vote was extremely difficult! The expertise of the folks in this forum is simply outstanding.

-Dom

I can see both QN & Ronbrads pics on my Windows based laptop & Apple I-Pad but not on my Samsung / Android phone. Once I select their names and view their post the pics become visible on the phone as well.

I cannot see the pics of SmokinAussie or Shiz-Nit on my Windows based laptop. I can see them on my Apple I-Pad and Samsung / Android phone. If I select their names and view their post their pics still are not visible on the Windows based laptop.

I'm wondering if the problem with seeing these images is a settings based issue in your device's software? For windows PC's and Apple desktop, it also could be caused by browser settings that may need to enabled or disabled.

I'm wondering if the problem with seeing these images is a settings based issue in your device's software? For windows PC's and Apple desktop, it also could be caused by browser settings that may need to enabled or disabled.
I work from home (I have done so for the last 24 years) and view the forum mostly on my company issued Dell laptop. I checked using Firefox, Chrome and Windows Explorer.

Because of this it very well could be a setting on this computer. So I just check my personal Dell laptop (using MS Edge) and all the picture come into view just fine. Not sure this helps you figure this out but it helps me understand how best to view the forum while voting.

Yep, if I use Edge on my PC, the pics show up. If I use Chrome on the PC, I just get a link to the attachment.

EDIT: Never mind, I wasn't logged into Chrome.

Last edited:
Great cooking and a difficult vote.

Thanks to all.

Back