Restaurant pans in your smoker

Czarbecue

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I think this crowd is best to answer than the Q-Talk bunch...

I usually have a hard time scrubbing off the smoke residue from cookie trays I set in my smoker. Do many of you just say eff it and let it be or go all out and foil the cookie sheets/pans used in your smoker?

I don't normally buy throwaway pans because after 3-4 times it get quite expensive than going to the restaurant store. I currently use 1 or 2 discolored pans and then transfer the food into my "catering pans" that goes into the cambro but I am looking to double my capacity and don't want to rebuy pans if I can reuse them.

I use the disposable aluminum pans and save them to recycle. I took a pile to the local scrap metal guy Monday and got $37 back for them. It helps offset the cost a little.

Damn, even with food bits and all in the pans? I normally smoke beans and mac n cheese and the hard cooked bits I don't normally scrub off on a disposable.

"Totally Awesome" cleaner makes short work of smoke residue.

I even use it annually to clean the underside of my white metal deck roof to get the smoke stain off.

Great stuff and super cheap at the Dollar Store or Wally World.

TIM

^^^This. LA Totally Awesome. It's a degreaser from the dollar store. Great stuff.

Some good responses already but I've had really good luck with those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. It sounded gimmicky at first but they work so well for cleaning the smoke off those pans.

Damn, even with food bits and all in the pans? I normally smoke beans and mac n cheese and the hard cooked bits I don't normally scrub off on a disposable.

Doesn't bother them at all. The first time I went there I told them to subtract a couple of pounds because there were a few that still had solidified bacon grease in them. They said not to worry about it, they didn't really care about stuff like that.

I use the disposable aluminum pans and save them to recycle. I took a pile to the local scrap metal guy Monday and got $37 back for them. It helps offset the cost a little.

That's interesting. Do you wash them?

Trisodium Phosphate

Google "Trisodium Phosphate"
It's cheap and effective. Just let them soak for a few days and hose then off.

TSP works great, but, like other phosphate compounds, has some environmental issues associated with it.

Back