• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

On site catering help

La Chupacabra

Found some matches.
Reaction score
If i have an party for 100 people briskets butts ribs chickens and sides.where do i start the cook? How do i transport? Do i start cook at my commissary, take meat off into warmers transport meat and smoker and finish on site?

I've transported right in my smoker before. Fire is basically out, but i also have my thermo works probe still in it and I can monitor the smoker's temp make sure it's not spiking or suddenly dropping. And I start at the commissary. You didnt tell us how much time between arrival and serving time to tell you to finish onsite. Warmers are fine too. I have a CTO-DW, it takes some time to cool off, so for me transporting while still hot is going to happen.

Hey, thanks so much for the advice! Im not sure on the arrival time yet. I would imagine we will serve at 100pm. Id like to be onsite by 1000am. If i start the cook at 100am i may even finish the butts and briskets and be able to transport them in the warmers. But my concern is if theyre not quite done do i stick them in the warmers for the trip out there? Then finish the cook onsite. But i believe you answered my question. Id ve affraid to drive with meat on the cooker lol. Butts rolling around everywhere on our crappy roads.

If i have an party for 100 people briskets butts ribs chickens and sides.where do i start the cook? How do i transport? Do i start cook at my commissary, take meat off into warmers transport meat and smoker and finish on site?

Cook brisket and pork day before and hold.

You'll need more than 3 hours to cook ribs and chicken.

Last edited:
Do you mean, hold at 200? Or bring down to temp, refrigerate and then re-heat? Sorry im very new at this. I just want everything to go as smooth as possible. Butts and brisket will be ok holding at food safe temp?

Get an electric warming/holding cabinet. Worth the investments. I've held brisket and butts 12+ hours and they were still great. Cambros are great for transporting and holding at the event.

Are you able to hold for more than 7 hours by law? My buddy says we cant hold for more thab 7 hours. But im not sure. I have to look into that.

Check with your local health department. Usually they are only concerned with food being the danger zone for more than 2 hours but confirm with them.

Back