Help with HD Compliant Enclosure!

granthall

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hello everyone! My business partner and I are working on getting our barbecue trailer up and running and I need some help with the enclosure for our smoker that the health department requires.

We have a Lang 108" that is on it's own trailer, and the HD says that it needs to be screened in to prevent bugs from getting near it. I have been searching for something like a pop up enclosure or tent, but the largest ones I can find that offer screens are 10x20 and we need 10x25 or 10x30.

Has anyone dealt with this in the past that could provide some help? I see a lot of the best places in Texas have built wood enclosures, but it seems like their smokers are placed on a trailer rather than built into one like our Lang.

Ex.:
108-deluxe.jpg

I really appreciate any help that can be provided!

Thank You :)

What is the plan? To be screened in I'm assuming you will have a brick & mortar location. If so, then a permanent structure would make the most sense.

I have never heard of a mobile unit needing to be screened in.

Hey thanks for the reply, we have a semi permanent spot where we will be setting up our concession/vending trailer. The smoker is separate as pictured above. HD says it has to be enclosed in some way by screen.

A car port would make the most sense. Not sure if the heat from the trailer would melt the vinyl tarp on top but you could go with metal siding in that case.

Only in Wisconsin.....
The second you put a screen tent over your pit the fire marshal will be shutting you down.

I would ask the inspector if the bug is able to penetrate the 1/4" steel cooker then how will a screen keep him out?? No bug will enter a 250* cooker with smoke pillowing out.

Back