THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i'll look at my job tomorrow, we use cut resistant gloves, & I know they use same brand gloves in deli, for prepared foods, while I use for raw meats, they fit well, & last very well.

some brands have been a pain, while others are very comfortable, & presently these are comfortable. if they look like woven string, they wont be comfortable, if they look like a glove, & its sized correcly, more than likely it will be comfortable, & we sometimes wear for many hours straight, depending on how much cutting has to be done.

Check these out.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Epica-Resistant-Gloves-Level-Protection/dp/B00E4XSSDA/ref=pd_bxgy_k_text_z"]Epica Cut Resistant Gloves with CE Level 5 Protection, 1 Pair - - Amazon.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/615bk7Nwq4L.@@AMEPARAM@@615bk7Nwq4L[/ame]

You looking for hot food handling or what? I use the vinyl gloves from RD for prep and anything that is not too hot to handle and Black Knights for hot food.

Hot food handling gloves. The ones I see people wearing almost look like latex gloves?? Something I can wear while pulling pork and serve food with. I have a pair of Weber gloves to use while grilling. Thanks for the responses, guys!!

When pulling pork, slicing brisket or pulling or carving chicken, I just use double layered cotton gloves with a layer or two of nitrile gloves over the top. The cotton just insulates, the nitrile or latex gives the sanitary aspect.

Sometimes I put 2 or 3 layers of nitrile gloves over my cotton gloves so if I'm pulling lots of pork and a bone punctures a glove, the layer underneath still protects my fingers from the hot grease and keeps things sanitary. PLUS, if I'm working by myself and I need to grab a knife or shaker or something, I can just peel off the greasy outer layer and I'm still sanitary, but don't have to grease up whatever I'm reaching for.

ok the glove I use are put out by NXT, I snapped a pic, but cant read all the fine print, if you need me to I will send to computer, I did a search with bing & found some pics, http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=nxt+cut+resistant+gloves&qpvt=nxt+cut+resistant+gloves&FORM=IGRE

the ones I wear are like top with the gray on 2 fingers & thumb, they are very comfortable, but they are just cut resistant, & I work in refrigerated areas, I can ask the ladys in the deli how they do in hotter areas if you need me to.

I will say both that style & the braided string style you can cut a finger tip off in a split second, we have tested the gloves on pprofessional slicers, & band saws, they are of no use there, lol, we have used both bone-in & boneless blades on band saw, & of course dull & sharp slicers. it wont go through a slicer instantly, but they will cut through the glove pretty quick, but the gloves do help with protecting from light pricks, & slices with hand powered knives.

Randy

I know the gloves you are looking for. Bought a pair at Home Depot of all places a few weeks ago. They are also available on their website. Search product # SR8037.

Back