• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pacific Northwest Evergreen Eggfest (pics!)

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It wasn't a Cooking Class, but just when you think you've seen it all, an Egghead never ceases to amaze!!

Left Hand Smoke (JD McGee & swamprb) was all in for the 4th Annual Pacific Northwest Evergreen Eggfest in Kent, WA Saturday June 5th, 2010. The week of rain cleared up and the blue skies were out and we all had a great time!

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

Our Menu for the day! Thanks to Mohamed and Bill at The Butcher Shop Cafe
and Select Gourmet Foods in Kenmore, WA for the specialty sausages.www.selectgourmetfoods.com

IMG_1858.jpg

Also on hand was guest Chris Capell of Dizzy Pig rubs.

IMG_1863.jpg

Kenny Baker BBQ Guru & Dizzy Pig team member

IMG_1866.jpg

Nice guys- and they shared some Competition stories and advice (and some awesome Comp Chicken pics!)

Brethren cooking and in attendance Snoqualmiesmoker cooking up a chitstorm of grub-the Salmon was fantastic! And NorthwestBBQ behind the lens. Hopefully they will share some pics on this thread (hint hint)

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Eggfest IV/?albumview=slideshow

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, look at all that sausage, oh beautiful sausage...

The Curried Chicken, Lamb Merguez and the fresh Elk sausages were my favorites!

The Jewish Romanian Beef sausages had curing salts and been dried for 4 days and the Pork Kielbasas were a bit lean. I think they would have been better served in a beer bath instead of grilled (note to self) but the flavors were fantastic!

I should have learned my lesson from past Eggfests and checked the accuracy of the dome thermometers before I slapped the meats on-both of mine were 80-100* off- I could have cooked Pizza on them! At least the new owners knew before they took them home-I can see the egghead forum now!

Thanks for the writeup. That sausage lineup looks and sounds amazing.

I'm looking forward to our local Eggfest in a few weeks called "Eggs by the Bay". I'm not cooking this year but concentrating on the eating.

Looks good Brian!! Good food, good weather (finally)!! Looks like a good turnout?

IMG_1866.jpg

And NorthwestBBQ behind the lens. Hopefully they will share some pics on this thread (hint hint)

We see you Michael... you can't hide in that red shirt! Where's the rest of the pics bro?? :becky:

Must have been a blast Brian!! Wish I coulda been there to sample some of that sausage!

Look awesome! :thumb:

Thanks for the writeup. That sausage lineup looks and sounds amazing.

I'm looking forward to our local Eggfest in a few weeks called "Eggs by the Bay". I'm not cooking this year but concentrating on the eating.

I'd love to attend an Eggs By the Bay Eggfest! I hear Smitty puts on one helluva show!

Back