• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

25 ppl- Do I have enough?

BuffaloDave

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Alright 20-25 ppl for a little bbq drop off. They wanted everything...

Brisket
Pulled pork
Smoked/Char pit wings

Baked beans
smoked sweet potatoes, maple butter

pickled red onions/rolls

My question is with 3 meats how much would you figure i need cooked?

My thought was 4oz brisket, 4oz pork, 4 wings each. Adult males but they also chose very filling sides. Is that too little on brisket? To me that seems like a pretty nice plate- let's be honest, I'm trying to get away with cooking just 1 big packer.

When it's a drop-off I always let the buyer tell me what to cook. Then it's their fault is the guests clean out one item before others get a chance. But that said and your mention of all males, I'd go 6oz brisket each

We define out what we are providing for the $$. In this case, it would probably be 3oz each of pork and brisket and 2 wings per person. Client says that's not enough wings then my response is you can add wings per person at $$ per wing, how many per person would you like to add?

I think you're assessment is right on. If brisket is their main "must have" I'd maybe do a 14-16lb packer (and less wings), one big pork butt, 50 wings, 1/2 tray of beans and 1/2 tray of sweet potatoes. That's asking everyone to eat over a pound of heavy heavy food. I think they'd still have leftovers.

That will make approximately:
~8lbs brisket (6oz each)
~6lbs of pork (4oz each)
50 wings (2 each)
Sides
Rolls/onions

Last edited:
Back