More Questions for party of 50

Robs Smokin Rub

Found some matches.
Reaction score
The more I read the more useful info I get off this area, So thanks to all. So maybe this will help others and some day I can pay it back.

Christening, 50 ish peeps at a winery. The customer wants extra so people can get seconds.

She wants Rolls & Butter(100), Tator Salad (1 Full Pan), Green Salad (2 Full Pans), Smoked Beans (1 Full Pan), Chicken and Brisket.
Got the side quantities down but stressing on the proteins. Thinking 2 -17 lb uncooked Brisket and 30 lbs boneless chicken thighs. She wants burnt ends as well.

To the experts......Am I good

You need to quit talking PANS and use ounces per serving. 2 17# briskets will only yield 17# of sliced meat. @ 4 ounces per serving that's 68 servings with no burnt ends. If self serve 4 ounces should be kicked up to at least 6 ounces. So 1 1/2 serving X 50 guests = 56# raw beef. Bump that up and use the points for your burnt ends. Boneless chicken won't have the shrinkage that brisket does. I'd figure 6 ounces raw per serving for a net of about 4 ounces. If you want leftover chicken do the 1 1/2 serving X 50 = 28# raw. Sides should be based on 4 to 6 ounces per serving. Don't forget to give them containers to hold the leftovers in. But this is just what I'd suggest to the buyer. I'm sure there are other opinions.

Back