I've fallen to peer pressure; A Father's Day Dinner Poll

What will you be doing for Father's Day Dinner?

• I will do the BBQing

Votes: 44 57.1%
  • Someone else will be doing the BBQing

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Going out to dinner

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Nothing special

Votes: 22 28.6%

• Total voters

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Seems I can't create a thread these days without folks telling me how much they wish I had posted it in the form of a poll, so here goes!

What will you be doing for Father's Day as it relates to the preparation of bodily nourishment?

Last edited:
Since I'm a father, it's my day and you better believe I'm the one doing the cooking. Aside from my oldest son I don't think my two youngest kids could light a grill to save their life. My dad is 83 and he will get plenty of goodies.

Fathers Day Eve Eve: tri-tip street tacos and mayo-cotija-cayenne corn on the cob (I'll cook)

Fathers Day Eve: grilled ribeyes with all the sides for my son-in-law (grandkids can't afford anything for their dad this year so I'm giving them an assist)

Fathers Day: told not to do anything but be ready to be abducted by son and daughter-in-law

We are headed to one of our daughter's and the son in law is doing the BBQing, actually grilling. Since there was no option for that in this poll I voted someone else is doing the BBQing. Burgers and dogs then cake nd ice cream for the daughter's birthday this past week.

I will be doing nothing special, I will be smoking meats.

My dad has passed, but I will be cooking a ribeye in his honor. :thumb:

My father also has passed.
I will honor him and my grandfathers by smoking a pork loin and a couple tenderloins.
My only offspring is 950 miles away so it will just be me and my Brother and a couple of sisters.

Dad passed when I was 42, son lives 380 miles away

Walk-Bike-Golf,,,,,,,Beer

Just another day in paradise

PS: every day I talk, I hear my dad. It doesn’t take a special day

I have to work tomorrow, but will most likely be home in time to spend the evening with my wife and daughter. I don't know if they have any dinner plans, but I will be happy with a good burger, cold beer and final round of the US Open.

Son with identical twins + one year old is down from NYC. Daughter just delivered twins here. Getting together on Sunday. No Q, spiced shrimp from Golden Rule fish market; in-laws bringing store bought stuff; and I am tasked to make 4 pizzas. Dough fermenting in fridge as we speak. New twins attached.

Attachments

• Twins.jpg
    Twins.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 71
My Dad passed at 47 years in a boating accident I was 22 and in the USAF and far away. I never will forget what we did before that. Never will forget his gasoline coal fires and when he dropped a burger on the ground how it would end up on my plate instead of 2 little sisters plates. Talk about a gritty rub! :razz: I missed him since 1977. :thumb: May do a gasoline and dirt burger in his Honor with a Brethren Touch.

I think the wife has already planned dinner....without asking. But its suppose to be raining the next 4 days due to the tropical thing coming in, so I'm not too broke up about it. And she makes pretty good chicken Kiev.
Both our dads are 6 hours north, work schedules won't let us travel. It it's what it is.

Back