Pork butts & Ribs.

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Alrighty so this is a short thread. Didn't have time for very much.. I guess I got talked into cooking a couple butts for a friends get together this weekend.. I have had trouble finding ribs for a decent price ended up finding some baby backs at walmart around 8-10 bucks a rack couldn't pass it up! Picked up 3 of them!

Cooking on the Silverbac.. I was outside just checking it out chilling trying to enjoy some outside time.. I do not regret the purchase at all.. I love it! It's been a year now I do believe since I've purchased it.. I freakin love it!

Here's the butts mid cook.. you guys know what pulled pork looks like I assure you they turned out fantastic!

Uagbw1Yl.jpg

For the ribs.. I cooked one nekked just rub on it.. the other two I did the brown sugar, honey, butter foil package on them.. I can't believe I've avoided doing ribs like this for so long. Babybacks really work well for that kinda thing..

What I like to do is when I get ready to sauce the ribs.. I'll pour the juice from the foil packet in a bowl (the one with brownsugar/honey/butter) and mix it with BBQ sauce.. Turns out to be a real good glaze for the ribs.. sweet but has the twang of the BBQ sauce.

nH9hmA3l.jpg

I see all sorts of fun shenanigans going down 'round your place in W,BG,VA!

Grub looks excellent and it's fun to see that you're enjoying it as you go.

Keep the pron rolling as able. Hope the fun and friendship and frivolity continues as long as possible.

The color on that pork is amazing!! If you eat with your eyes, I'm full and that was delicious, but I'm still craving just one teeny, little actual bite...

Alright this might be blasphemy but I don't care.. I've decided after chowing down on the Nekked ribs last night.. and cutting about 3-4 bones for lunch off the glazed/brown sugar/honey/butter ribs.. I never want to go back to nekked ribs or any cut other than baby backs.. These ribs are sooo darn delicious!

Back