Anyone else smoking cream cheese these days?

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I saw a recipe on the MAK Facebook fan page the other day and tried it the next day for a family get-together. It's so easy and everyone loved the results. Lots of different recipes out there but this one called for using the smoke setting for 2 hours after applying a light coat of olive oil and topping with your favorite rub.

This is definitely going to be a go-to appetizer for now on.

Note: no commas were used or abused in the writing of this post.

I read about it.
The article I saw suggested it could be cooked @250 for 3 hours. I'm skeptical.

I saw that recipe as well and everyone swears it holds it's shape, and I tend to believe it. Others call for as little as 45 minutes. So it probably pays to experiment and see what works best for you.

141fb5a9.jpg

I've never smoked cream cheese, but I still smoke brie from time to time... the toppings are endless. And I also think 'hours' of smoke time is long.

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/1998/02/maple-planked-brie.html

It definitely takes on smoke quicker than firm cheese. I haven't tried it recently, but when I did my last winter cheese cold smoking, I threw a few blocks on. It was noticeable when used in other dishes, so that was a win.

Smoked two blocks as an appetizer for my first cook on the new MAK. One with Ranch power and drizzled honey, second with Big Moe pork rub drizzled with honey with a couple different types of crackers. Family devoured it before the chicken was done. Would certainly do again!

Two hours on the smoke setting. Super easy and delicious. Even my wife who thought I lost my mind smoking cream cheese enjoyed it!

Last edited:
smoked two blocks as an appetizer for my first cook on the new mak. One with ranch power and drizzled honey, second with big moe pork rub drizzled with honey with a couple different types of crackers. Family devoured it before the chicken was done. Would certainly do again!

yum!!

So I read this yesterday and another article popped up about smoked cream cheese. I took it as a sign and did some last night with an everything bagel rub for my breakfast bagel. Had to rush out the door to get to an appointment on time, but can't wait to try it when I get back home.

I think I'm going to do some cream cheese as well this week, for those of us without a Mak what's the suggested temp & time? I have a low smoke setting which is about 175 & hi smoke which about 200 on my pellet pooper.

I think I'm going to do some cream cheese as well this week, for those of us without a Mak what's the suggested temp & time? I have a low smoke setting which is about 175 & hi smoke which about 200 on my pellet pooper.

The MAK runs between about 175 to 200 at smoke setting so I think you could use either setting for a couple of hours. Good luck,

So I read this yesterday and another article popped up about smoked cream cheese. I took it as a sign and did some last night with an everything bagel rub for my breakfast bagel. Had to rush out the door to get to an appointment on time, but can't wait to try it when I get back home.

I found it had a nice flavor over the next few days eating it cold, but the texture when you first take it off the grill takes it to another level I think.

Back