Ironside Pellet Smoker - Arrived

Damn I wish I wouldn’t have opened this thread. That looks amazing. Decision time between that and LSG IVS. Damn.

I do not envy your situation. Well in a way I actually do. I only had to choose between LSG IVS & Humphreys IVS back when making my own. This option makes it even more tough.

It's absolutely killing me. After it arrived I've been gone with my son for travel sports every day for practices and traveling out state for tournamets. I have a couple more weeks of this and then he's is done. My goal is to fire it up once (hopefully twice) this week to season it.

That is a smoking looking pit you have there. Congrats!!!

And a real shout out to you for putting your responsibilities as a dad first. Good luck with it all!!!

Just wanted to check and see how you are liking this smoker? I'm desperate to find a replacement for my MAK.

Desperate? Would you sell me your Mak? I’d like to gift it to a friend.

Trinwreck, would love to hear your general thoughts on this smoker, as I am seriously considering one of these. Thanks.

I absolutely love it. What sold me on this cooker is the flavor it produces. I wasn’t in the market for a smoker but when I tried the food I had to have one. With being able to add a split of wood every 30-45minutes it truly tastes like you are eating off a stick burner. Using the FireBoard for fire management it really doesn’t get any easier. And if you want to you can burn straight wood on it. In my opinion it really is the most versatile smoker on the market. For a backyard guy it might be a lot to spend but it’s worth every penny and will last forever. If I was still competing I would not hesitate to use this cooker 100%. If you have any specific questions let me know.

I absolutely love it. What sold me on this cooker is the flavor it produces. I wasn’t in the market for a smoker but when I tried the food I had to have one. With being able to add a split of wood every 30-45minutes it truly tastes like you are eating off a stick burner. Using the FireBoard for fire management it really doesn’t get any easier. And if you want to you can burn straight wood on it. In my opinion it really is the most versatile smoker on the market. For a backyard guy it might be a lot to spend but it’s worth every penny and will last forever. If I was still competing I would not hesitate to use this cooker 100%. If you have any specific questions let me know.

Thanks. Placed my order today.

Back