3 Meats + 2 sides for 175

cyberstrategist

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm baffled by the spreadsheets that are out there to some degree because the three meats being requested are so different so I'm going to bounce this off of you guys...

They are asking for a specific order of the following:

1/3 brisket, 1/3 chicken, 1/3 sausage
plus
slaw and beans (I do pinto with pulled pork added for the flavor)

These are three distinct meats that are nowhere near each other is size, weight, fat content so I wanted to get the input.

Using that criteria, what's the calculation for it so I can update my spreadsheet? Or, I can reverse engineer it by using the recommended quantities for the total.

Thoughts?

I had almost the same order earlier this year, it was 185. We made 5 briskets, 16 chickens and 40 pounds of sausage. It came out to 2 full pans of each meat after cutting it. We did the beans and slaw, but also potato salad. They let us know that it was plenty of food.

We cooked the chickens whole on beer cans then separated legs, thighs, wings, and cut the breasts in half.
I normally leave the breasts whole and the quarter in tact but with this many people and 3 meats a lot of people won't want to get that size piece because they also want some of something else. Also, most kids are only going to eat a drumstick, or a couple wings paired with the sausage or brisket.

Back