Brisket on the ASmoke AS300

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is hard to believe that this is only the second brisket that I have cooked in 2020! My wife has been wanting brisket and she found this choice packer at Walmart that looked good, so I trimmed it and tossed it on the Asmoke pellet smoker. It came out very good, especially for a choice brisket!

953-BF021-FB73-457-C-AD23-2-C669-B4-E34-B8.jpg

29-C30109-9630-4-BB0-85-AC-86317-B88-F7-E5.jpg

595-D848-E-8-B41-45-E1-BFBF-1-BECFD2-BB111.jpg

0-A02-CC6-E-F85-C-4862-8-CCC-25-E9-EFFCFE0-F.jpg

0-E3-E52-C0-3098-4072-9-FDF-951244-A0944-E.jpg

A71020-D8-5-DE8-4-AE5-A12-A-244-A8-B6-C7-B52.jpg

Looks delicious. And the little smoker comes through again. I find that I smoke more now since I got mine because its so good for smaller cooks when I don't want to fire up the offset.

Beautiful! Do you always separate your briskets before cooking?

Great looking brisket, Ron...

Unless I'm sadly mistaken, I'm glad to see someone else separating the flat from the point before cooking. :thumb:

Yep! 99% of my cooks are for competition, so we only cook what we need, so I am in the habit of doing that. All of the trimmings are ground for burgers.

Great looking brisket, Ron...

Unless I'm sadly mistaken, I'm glad to see someone else separating the flat from the point before cooking. :thumb:

Yep! 99% of my cooks are for competition, so we only cook what we need, so I am in the habit of doing that. All of the trimmings are ground for burgers.

You have some knife skills! I like separating before cooking also for better burnt ends, but I suck at separating those two muscles:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You have some knife skills! I like separating before cooking also for better burnt ends, but I suck at separating those two muscles:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I just follow the fat to separate. I stop short of complete separation though. When its done you can just slide your open hand between the tip and flat and voila! your have perfect separation.

I'm with gtsum. I struggle to separate completely before cooking. You did a beautiful job

I'd call that a good cook! You can even see the moisture in the slices. Nicely done.

I just follow the fat to separate. I stop short of complete separation though. When its done you can just slide your open hand between the tip and flat and voila! your have perfect separation.

Yep! I find it easier to work from the ‘top’ of the brisket and roll the flat away as I cut.

I'm with gtsum. I struggle to separate completely before cooking. You did a beautiful job

Thanks! In a typical competition season I do about 20 of them. That’s nothing compared to some guys, however.

Back