Keeping rodents out of Blackstone griddle

I guess I’m going to have to but the 4 bars of soap did absolutely nothing. So next attempt either a piece for over griddle which if I put something don’t the griddle top dry out and possibly rust? I may try rodent powder stuff

I guess I’m going to have to but the 4 bars of soap did absolutely nothing. So next attempt either a piece for over griddle which if I put something don’t the griddle top dry out and possibly rust? I may try rodent powder stuff

Covering the top of the griddle will not dry it out. If anything, it will help prevent moisture from getting on the grill and causing rust spots.

Yup. Spread them around safe areas on the property. Away from pets and children. Does the trick, keeps them out of the grease trays and buckets.

Please use approved bait stations or nail them down. That’s why they have a hole down the middle.

Dumb ? But if I make a wooden board for the top won’t mice just chew thru the wood

No issues with the little Blackstone, keeping it in the garage.

After using kettles all my life, bought a Weber gasser to put on the new back deck. Used it a number of times for grilling and hated it. Went back to using the kettle on the side of the garage. Only thing I liked about the Genesis was the rotisserie.

Hadn't used it in many months but decided to spin a whole tenderloin late fall. Opened the lid to discover a nest of leaves/stuff and many scrambling mice. Little farkers dropped out the bottom and took off fast, like they had an escape route planned.

Scooped out the nest and set the burners on high for 30 minutes before setting up the rotisserie.

Thanks for all the input...it’s frustrating because I spent the extra money for the pro series cause of all the storage and drawers but they are now all empty cuz the spices and utensils I feel were causing them to come by, along with the griddle constantly being oiled. I guess I will try a bar of soap lmao sounds funky and weird. But anything so that my cooking surface don’t have fecese on it everytime I open it up. I could never fill the crevices surrounding griddle because their open around the entire thing, even with the lid down.
I did what post 11 said on my 36" blackstone. I cut 5/8 plywood, to fit tightly, to cover the griddle. I oiled the bottom with vegetable oil. And spray painted the top and edges, so I could clean it off easier if needed. Then screwed a handle in the center to pull it off.

The first time after using the wood, I had tracks on the wood and a couple of droppings (but at least they weren't on the cooking surface). I put a sticky trap on top of the wood. Never caught anything though. I scrubbed, cleaned and re-painted the wood.

After those two times, I have never seen any tracks, or droppings on the wood again. I think they realized there was nothing to eat there, regardless of what they smell. It worked great.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I had the same problem a few years ago and for whatever reason, they just stopped doing it and I haven’t had an issue for the last couple years. Same issue with my Rectec. Every time I opened it I’d find a mess from chipmunks. On that, I sealed off the openings and that kept them out. Similar to the blackstone though, for the last year I’ve become lazy and stopped blocking things up but have been fine - they appear to have moved on

I've had dryer sheets in my RV which is stored most of the year. 5 years and never had a mouse or anything else. Works great.

Roger, have you had any mould under this?
No, I haven't.

It has rained quite a few times since I put the wood on. I have the bottom side of the wood (that touches the cooking surface), oiled.

Mine had the closable lid, and I keep a cover on it in the winter.

My Camp Chef griddle sits on my open patio next to the back door, and the rodents leave it and my other cookers alone (knocks wood). The rats & squirrels love my racks of firewood though, as I keep them covered during our “winter”. I have a (totally) tubular squirrel trap that works great on rats, but unfortunately and not unexpectedly on squirrels too.

Covers will be off my wood racks for the summer soon and the rodents will have to find other places to hang out & eat & poop.

Is there a Blackstone cooking thread on this forum? If so, can someone post a link? I am new here, and access to many areas seems restricted using Tapatalk.

Thanks.

Is there a Blackstone cooking thread on this forum? If so, can someone post a link? I am new here, and access to many areas seems restricted using Tapatalk.

Thanks.

Roger, nice work on the cover! As for a blackstone thread on this forum, I'd just post your questions here and you'll get plenty of feedback.

Thanks.

Thanks for the idea on the plywood
went to our little camp aqnd opened the lid to the flatop and guess what:peep:
this thread made me look, normaly I just do a burn and dont worry

Last edited:
Back