The 2021 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash Planning Thread

sliding billy, I'm thinking be at my house at 6:30am.
That way I can see in the dawn's early light as I lost my super power to see in the dark a few weeks back!!! :mrgreen:

Got my Shirley from the back yard and in the garage with my Honda Riding mower.
Packed a couple of totes and 2 bags with stuff I think in need.
4 jugs of water for the sous vide.
Camp chairs are out and my cooler is cleaned and ready.
Fix'n to go to Costco and Central Market to get a few things.
Hopefully all I'll need to to is load up and roll out early Saturday morning!! :mrgreen:

Shelly and I will be cooking a pair of Prairie Fresh ribs with Heath Riles Butter Bath.
Along with a selection of Syracuse sausages, SuckleBusters Chorizo meatloaf cupcakes and a few other items.
WHat's on your cook list? :mrgreen:

My bud Bill Ford is coming to the Bash and is bringing a couple of good friends of his.
looks to be a great bunch at the Bash in 4 Days!!

Just a few days left! I’ll be at the campground, Northside area, Friday to Sunday. If anyone needs anything, holler at me.

I'm thinking I'll pickup a 10-12 lb Brisket to cook at the Bash. You guys may need to keep an eye on it as I tend to wonder around.

I'll trim and prep it at the house Friday, bag it and get it on as early as I can Saturday morning. So I'll have a bit less space during the day. Ag76, I believe will bring his big ole custom offset and probably run it around 250ish? And FatDad, aka Mark, will have his cooker there also. Not sure what it is but good news id he;s cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner!!

One other note, I started to help mentor the Prosper HS BBQ Team this year, Prosper Pitmasters, and have sent my tables with them to use at State Championship this Saturday. So if you have one, please bring it. :mrgreen:

Well no luck on finding a 10-11 lb brisket.
Running out out time to look!:mrgreen:

Jay, aka Ag76, looks like your cooker is gonna get a workout this Saturday!!
We should have a great Bash!!

So today is my prep day. Once I finish surfing and my coffee I'll start getting things going.
Need to prep the Prairie Fresh Ribs I got from Charred 380 and pre mix the Butter Bath. Make a run to the store for ice and a few other things. Go back through the gear and make sure I have what I think we need to bring. I'll probably load the pickup early in the morning as it won't take but a few minutes.
See you at the Bash tomorrow!! :mrgreen:

Thank you all!

Shelly and I thank you all for coming out to the 2021 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash!
Once we got started I was pretty much non stop so not many pics from me.
And wow what a great group we had this year.
Ron that pork tenderloin was one of the best I've ever had!
My good friends William and Ella were knocking out some great chicken tacos on their Weber Smokey Joe.
Jay, Ag76, and his crew Richard and Reload,were cranking out some amazing ribs and more with his custom offset.
Andy those F*** Bombs were fantastic! Nice touch to make the Trucker Snacks. Vicdog weathered the Friday night storms at the campground, thanks for coming up from central Texas.
Sliding billy made bacon early on and then pumped out some great baby backs on my Shirley.
Kevin, aka DarkStar11, glad you could make it.
And a big thanks to smittyjonz for coming out, was great to see you.
I hope the Oklahoma Brethren will get one going and Mike, aka Happy Hapgood, start one up for East/Shreveport LA.

Well another great Brethren Bash is in the books and I'm looking forward to many more both here in the N Texas area and down South with Paul at Belton TX. :mrgreen:

2021-04-24-001.jpg

2021-04-24-002.jpg

2021-04-24-004.jpg

2021-04-24-005.jpg

2021-04-24-006.jpg

2021-04-24-007.jpg

2021-04-24-008.jpg

Hotch, a big thank you goes out to you and Shelly for all the extra work you guys put in to making these things happen. I'm just glad I could make another one and look forward to more down the road.

Back