• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New member from WA PNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingo1912

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Hello all
I'm new and live in Lynden WA hello to all fellow sponge/slugheads lol you know who you are.
Just wondering how we could get our own KCBS contest here in the great Northwet? maybe with a seafood catagory,,,,. I'm excited to be here and I'm also trying to figure out a way to get down to Oregon next year to become a legit judge lol.
Here are a couple of pics of my latest endeavors.
Hope to hear from more of you soon, and link up with some local smokers.
Bing
P.S. still not able to post any pics.

Welcome Bingo,

There are 2 KCBS competitions in Oregon. Also, Check out the PNWBA they have BBQ contests all over the Pacific Northwest.

Welcome. I grew up in Bellingham and have several friends out Lynden way.

A big thanks to all the bros

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I'm still goin crazy as to posting a pic, somehow I have to change to wscv[rfhfvvn;n somethin or another. probly in my user thingy lol I'll figure it out sooner or later,,, so why no KCBS contests here? PNWBS ok but it's still not the real "show" as far as I can tell, not trying to offend anyone, just curious. I think I've got the redneckiest lookin cold smoker out there, but I could be wrong. I like it because I can cold smoke on the tailend and then finish it off on the hot end, just not able to get a pic up yet, although I was able to upload a pic of mine and a friend of mines at photobucket. Wishin you all well, and thanks again.
G

Those Washington guys are coming out of the woodwork.

Welcome

Yup, but we got the good wood Larry, lol. Alder,fruitwoods ect, the biggest problem is keepin it dry.
And thank you all for the welcome

Last edited:
Welcome, bingo. Many of the PNWBA events are KCBS santioned. Do you compete?

PNWBS ok but it's still not the real "show" as far as I can tell, not trying to offend anyone, just curious. I think I've got the redneckiest lookin cold smoker out there, but I could be wrong.

#1: Looking forward to the pics of the redneckiest lookin cooker out there :-D
#2: Just curious why you think PNWBA events are not the real "show"... I've cooked contests under both organizations and there is no doubt that PNWBA events are the real thing... Sure, they're not typically 50 team events but that's just because there aren't enough competitors up there (yet :wink:)

Welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back