Gas Plancha Grill

Welshman

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Me and the mrs have decided to double the size of our outdoor kitchen area and add a pizza oven. But i'm getting rid of the huge gas bbq and getting a plancha grill instead...

does anyone use a plancha grill and what do you think of them??

its this one

Attachments

• campingazplanchal-side-compressor.jpg
    campingazplanchal-side-compressor.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 203
Would really like to see your outdoor cooking area when done

i'm hoping to get it done by the end of february, at the moment theres a few inches of snow on the ground and minus temperatures out on the decking

So a plancha grill is the same as a griddle? Or is there a difference that I’m not seeing?

I,m no experts ,but a Plancha should get hot enough to put pots/frypans on
In a commercial kitchen scenario.
Thats what I assume about them
Blackstone on steriods

I,m no experts ,but a Plancha should get hot enough to put pots/frypans on
In a commercial kitchen scenario.
Thats what I assume about them
Blackstone on steriods

Nope a plancha is just a flat top grill, just like a blackstone. I posted a picture above. Yiu have to remember I’m in the UK not America and we may name things differently to you.

So a plancha grill is the same as a griddle? Or is there a difference that I’m not seeing?

Not 100% as a griddle in the uk isn’t flat....it’s griddled, aka like a cattle grid...

Not sure what you call them in the US

Plancha is a flattop here, but I've only seen the name used in reference to restaurant equipment, so table-sized.
Blackstone is the big name in the portable type griddle you have there. Plenty of threads on those here by that name.

I'm in the contemplation stages of a large outdoor kitchen. I am thinking for my outdoor flat top griddle, or plancha as you call them, I'm going to go with a restaurant grade unit. The Blackstone's, camp chefs and what you show above are great for 3-5 years max. After that they are pretty wore out. I want something that will still perform and look great after 10 years. Just something to consider, may not apply to what your doing.

Me and the mrs have decided to double the size of our outdoor kitchen area and add a pizza oven. But i'm getting rid of the huge gas bbq and getting a plancha grill instead...

does anyone use a plancha grill and what do you think of them??

check out Sam the Cooking guy's channel. He uses what seems to be a high quality outdoor Plancha and it seems to get the job done. Looks expensive though.

I'm in the contemplation stages of a large outdoor kitchen. I am thinking for my outdoor flat top griddle, or plancha as you call them, I'm going to go with a restaurant grade unit. The Blackstone's, camp chefs and what you show above are great for 3-5 years max. After that they are pretty wore out. I want something that will still perform and look great after 10 years. Just something to consider, may not apply to what your doing.

Have to be honest the plancha above is on sale at 130bucks......restaurant grade is around 1k over here, I’ll stick with the one I posted and if it does last 2/3 yrs I can have 8 new ones compared to restaurant grade

Webstaurant Store is one of several commercial kitchen stores where you can shop online. This page is for their Teppanyaki grills. There are two models that are LP or gas. Looking over the site, most of the flat tops that are drop-in run on electricity.

You might consider a mix of LP and electricity to get the best outdoor setup.

Back