• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Look What my wife got me for my birthday!

HumboldtSmokeBBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I know, it is not a new smoker or nothing, but an 80 quart stock pot! That is awesome! It will fit great on my big Bayou Classic burner! I cant wait for that next big party...Super Bowl??? Wings???? Heck yeah! whole bunch of wings all in one cook! We can our own beans too, usually requires 3 pots to boil our beans in, now...all in one, outside on the Bayou classic burner. Sweet!
DSC02361.jpg

Your wife bought you a beer and a radio? Nice, I suppose.

explain this low country boil please.

It goes by many names, depending on what part of the country you are from.
Hell it even has more than one name in it's native home of SC.

In Charleston, SC area (the low country of SC) it is called a low country boil. A little further south (and I mean a little, like an hour and half) in Beaufort, Hilton head, SC area it is called Frogmore stew.

It is ridiculously simple, and outrageously good.

Take a large stock pot (hmm, wonder where you could get one of those??)
fill it a little less than half full with water - get a rapid boil going.
Add potatoes, a couple of whole onions cut in half, Old Bay seasoning (or similar, Zatarains , etc) some sliced link sausage ( I like to use kielbasa).

Simmer until potatoes are done, add shellfish of your choice - traditionally shrimp and oysters in SC, but I prefer shrimp, oysters & crab legs.
When shellfish are done - drain the water, and dump entire pot on a 8' table covered in newspaper - and eat until you are ready to explode.

Oh and it is required to drink copious amounts of beer during the cook and the following food orgy.

EDIT: After reading your post, it is probably not a whole lot different than a crab (or crawfish) boil

In Charleston, SC area (the low country of SC) it is called a low country boil. A little further south (and I mean a little, like an hour and half) in Beaufort, Hilton head, SC area it is called Frogmore stew.

Add potatoes, a couple of whole onions cut in half, Old Bay seasoning (or similar, Zatarains , etc) some sliced link sausage ( I like to use kielbasa).

Simmer until potatoes are done, add shellfish of your choice - traditionally shrimp and oysters in SC, but I prefer shrimp, oysters & crab legs.
When shellfish are done - drain the water, and dump entire pot on a 8' table covered in newspaper - and eat until you are ready to explode.

Oh and it is required to drink copious amounts of beer during the cook and the following food orgy.

EDIT: After reading your post, it is probably not a whole lot different than a crab (or crawfish) boil

Or a boillibaise, except the stew gets boozed along with the cook. ;-)

Nice score Bro, that is a beauty for sure. Up there, you can do a fine crab boil along with some Taylor's sausage, some shrimp and the Dungies that should be landing anytime soon. Your burner will handle it all just fine. We did loads of boils on a Bayou Classic.

That is what I thought...My plan was potato, corn, crab and spices.

:mrgreen:I don't know where you guys find your wives? Mine just laughs at me , and thinks I'll grow-up someday!At 67 (Nov. 19) I'm gonna have to hurry!!Nice pot!I'm thinkin' a great pot of venison chili!!

Nice score and you must have a great woman.
I see from your moniker that you are from the southern portion of the State of Jefferson. I have a cousin on the northern side of the current line that is pretty active in trying to make Jefferson 51.
Good luck with the pot and with Jefferson.

:mrgreen:I don't know where you guys find your wives? Mine just laughs at me , and thinks I'll grow-up someday!At 67 (Nov. 19) I'm gonna have to hurry!!Nice pot!I'm thinkin' a great pot of venison chili!!

oh she laughs at me, and thinks i am crazy. But most people do. I am a little crazy about BBQ! Eccentric is the word!

Back