• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

It's a sad day--We've Lost A Brother

I'm at a loss. Have been out of the fray for awhile with the wedding and now this.

The Brethren have truly lost an important link in the chain of Brotherhood.

Smoke up a storm Scott, whever you are, you will be missed by many.

I know who I'll be thinking of the rest of this week and a long time to come.

I've been out of town this week too and just read the posts, We'll be minus a brother posting here but those of you who knew him best can continue in and with his spirit. My thoughts and prayers to his family.

Scott

Sorry for everyones loss.

I never got to meet KC, but he was one of the first to welcome me here to the forum. From the comments here, it seems I missed meeting a very inportant person from the bbq community. Our prayers go out to his family and friends.

Chris.
Dodge County Smokers

Brethren,

We have collected almost $2000 dollars for KC. I have been in contact with the family for direction on how they wanted to use the money, be it a trust for their grandchild or a cash infusion for expenses. We were holding off to see what was needed and how much we would have at the end.

Last night I recieved a phone call from the KCs wife that they need to use the money to cover expenses left behind by KC. I will be transferring the money to Jeanne late today or tomorrow morning. So, if any of you would like to further contribute to our memorial fund for KCquer, Pleease use our paypal account or contact me thru PM.

the paypal accout is at www.paypal.com and the account ID is banderabros@optonline.net.

I truly thank everyone who contributed to this allready. KC's family is going thru some VERY rough times right now and these funds will really help them. The support offered by our family here, to KC's family truely showed me, and us what this group really is made of. In the early days, we coined the term, The Spirit of The Brethren, which meant friendship and comaradirie... but now, it had proven what it really is.. Family. we laugh, play around, have fun together but also share in the tears and sorrow of our brothers here to.. KC is proud of us. He knows we're here for his family and will continue to be. They still need us, for they are going thru some rough times.. Take a moment out today to say a few prayers for them.

thanks again to everyone.

today makes it a month since we lost KCQuer. I will be having a a slow drink tonight with a few moments of my own silence to tie up all that transpired this path month.. your all welcome to join me. I will be adding a few videos of the tree planting ceremony and photos to the memorial page also.

I just returned from the bank where, on our behalf, I wired $2,500.00 to KC's family to help in funeral expenses. I spoke to Jeanne and she told me that anything that is left, she will donate to the childrens hospital that takes care of their grandkids.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to KCs memorial fund. Jeanne has sent her heartfelt appreciation..

I too am proud to be one of you, and for KC to be one of us..

thanks again my brothers....

and Smoke on KC!.

Poob - thanks for coordinating the donation... I'm glad we, as a group, were able to make a generous donation to provide some support...

I didn't know . . . I'm sorry to you all for not keeping up.

I just found out and am at a complete loss. Scott pmd me occassionally, jsut to see how I was doing. I sent him a message on his last birthday and he told me what his family was doing for him. He was such a loving guy. Such a terrific grand dad. So helpful. He personally invited me to to one of the bashes, and that meant a lot to me. I can't type anymore.

No worries, Cuelio. It just sucks that this sad news keeps hitting and affecting the brothers that first read about it. If you haven't already, hit the link in many of our signature blocks for E's memorial page. It'll make you feel better.

Arlin

Cuelio said:
I didn't know . . . I'm sorry to you all for not keeping up.

I just found out and am at a complete loss. Scott pmd me occassionally, jsut to see how I was doing. I sent him a message on his last birthday and he told me what his family was doing for him. He was such a loving guy. Such a terrific grand dad. So helpful. He personally invited me to to one of the bashes, and that meant a lot to me. I can't type anymore.
Don't feel bad about not keeping up. We are the one's who are sorry that you heard about it this way. I too learned about it by reading post. Totally floored me.

As for your comments, you have it right on the money. He was a very caring guy and would do anything for you. Too bad that you were not able to make it to the bash. Maybe next time. It will be in Missouri for the Midwest Bash.

Nice to see you posting again.

It's hard to believe that on Monday it will be a year since we lost our brother. There's not a week go by that I don't think of him 2 to 3 times.

If you get a chance to cook this weekend, I hope you get a chance to stop and raise your bottle, can or glass to the sky and say "KC, this one's for you"....or "miss you brother"....or "any wood is good for smoking, as long as it's cherry".

KC, you was a good friend....and you taught me alot about cooking brisket...

I love you man.......

here here..

I was thinking the same thing this past week....

and of what to do.

its been a year..

We SHOULD do something in memory of..

How about this, if I may propose something..

It is something anyone who understands our culture can participate in. Even if you did not know KC, or if your not cooking, anyone who has become a part of us can imagine whats its like to loose a brother in smoke.

Tuesday .. anytime.. in the morning, or after work..

just light a candle in memory of KCQuer.

If you want, Take a picture of it, place it here in this thread. Personalize it if u want.. even write a note.. i will append it to the memorial page.

Loosing KC was hard..to this day, the memories of that week still hit home.

tears.jpg

It's funny, I still have his number in my cell and almost dial it sometimes.

I got me some cherry wood just coming into seasoned. Guess there's no question what's on the pit this weekend.

KC and I were two of the first Mo Bros. He used to send me emails when I'd dissappear for a while asking where I was. And to the day he left us I always called him KCQueer. Never met, but he was nice as hell to me in our little virtual world. Guess that was my loss.

Thought about him hard last week. I guess I know why now. Wasn't even thinking about the time frame. I send him a PM every once in awhile. Glad they are still going through. Hope he has unlimited PM space.

I will raise a glass to our friend this weekend! Please join me whenever the moment strikes you. Just raise it in the air and there will be a virtual brother hoisting one at the same time with you in celebration of KC's life.

I will definitely toast to Scott this weekend! There's some Cabo around here somewhere.

Greg... How about a picture of the tree?

Back