Thread: Home packaging
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #8
is one Smokin' Farker
Join Date: 11-24-09
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Default My understanding...

In Ohio they have a certification through the local Agriculture department where they will send a health inspector out.

You must:
1. Not have pets
2. No carpet in kitchen
3. Be clean

What this will allow you to do is sell baked goods (pies, cakes, muffins, breads, etc.). BBQ related can sell rubs (no hydrogenated) and dry injections (no hydrogenated or preservatives).

You cannot sell sauces...must have a commercial kitchen and separate license for that.

My wife just got hers on Monday and I was surprised that they would allow you to package rubs.

And can sell the rubs and cakes, etc. to restaurants.
goodbuddiesbbq is offline   Reply With Quote