• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pork Loin Rib Roast - Baked Apples w/pics

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
All fired up after the PNW Eggfest yesterday, so I picked up a 3# Pork Loin Rib Roast dusted with a little Cajun seasonings and cooked it indirect on the Egg with BGE lump and Peach wood for smoke at @ 350* for 2.5 hrs and pulled it at 145* and foiled for about 30 minutes and sliced. It was very moist and tender with a nice smoke ring.
100_1956.jpg

100_1959.jpg

After seeing DrBBQ whipping up some Baked Stuffed Apples yesterday and all the kids hovering around his grill I whipped these bad boys out and cored them, stuffed a Snickers in them, topped with marshmallow, brown sugar and cinnamon and baked on the Egg for @ 40 minutes. I don't know what kind of apples I used and when I asked Ray what he had he didn't know either-It doesn't matter, my kids wolfed them down too!
100_1957.jpg

100_1958.jpg

Brian

Great looking roast for sure. If the kids wolfed them down.......then ya know ya struck gold......for sure.Great job.

nice!
a snickers? really? cool! i was looking at your pix of those that the dr made and was wondering what was in there. i'll be trying that fer sure this fall. :biggrin:

I just had spaghetti for dinner, it was good, then I see your pics, it doesn't taste as good anymore!
Nice job Brian! Do you have a recipe for that apple thingy? Would you be able to do it on a UDS or not enough heat?

nice!
a snickers? really? cool! i was looking at your pix of those that the dr made and was wondering what was in there. i'll be trying that fer sure this fall. :biggrin:

The recipe is in the first DrBBQ cookbook. Ray was using a melon baller and hollowed them out and used large marshmallows. I was lazy and used a corer and cut a section to plug the bottom, used snack size Snickers-Next time go big!!

Brian

Back