3 day cured spares

Hamdrew

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
3 days seems the sweet spot to be able to 3:2:1 and bein able to pick em up

(ghost chiles, strawberry jelly in the cure brine)

Screenshot-20210126-181945.png

~10min off still steamin
KIMG0560.jpg

~30min off
Screenshot-20210126-201355.png

sure damn were n dont even start me on my rub.. the greens all dried jalapeno and green thai chile powder lol-
KIMG0562.jpg

seriously though, I would have entered them if there was a catagory for spicy.

pretty much pops brine

1gal of water
2c sugars
1c salt (can go as low as 1/3c)
1tbsp of prague #1

been playing w jellys/syrups instead of some of the sugar. besides that, 7 ghost chiles. lol. very very basic and im absolutely gonna play around w it more. not sure if uve ever indulged in the korean creation ofstrawberry gochujang but it's one of their most respected food/flavor combo recognized by the government. lol.

wrapped w/ strawberry jelly and i flip em over during the "2" stage, BTW

When your done with strawberry hit up Blackberry. we dont use fruit with meats enough.

Last edited:
im gonna try em all. thai sweet chile sauce honestly is way better sub than honey and is so available/simple (as well as wanting you all to be able to enjoy ribs as good as mine, ya know.. lol) that everyone should just try playing around with that

AFAIK, jellys are pectin/sugar (like honey), thai chile sauce is essentially corn syrup and more of a straight substitute for straight honey whenever that (physical property of em) is a factor. The pectin stops em from burning, hence why honey ends up waaay better than an equivalent amount of sugar solution

Texture-wise and honestly flavor period is in the top 10. and i have cooked a lot of ribs. like a lot. lol

Edit-
Blackberry and other dark fruits prolly cater real well to hispanic and chipotle/ancho etc heavy recipes.. (among others i can think of off the top of my head)

i rolled them up backwards/upside-down in the cure/brine to hopefully help them pull away quicker, too. and im pretty damn sure it worked. had to stretch and flatten them out for a while before they were ready for the rub

Back