Complete Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnkt

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hi Guys! Im Nolan from Upstate South Carolina ( just south of Charlotte NORTH Carolina if that is confusing enough for you).

I have just started grilling and smoking recently and am using the Fisher Price version of smokers the "El Cheapo Brinkman". I read several BBQ forums and Im always looking for good info and tips/tricks on my new found hobby and obsession :-D.

Im hoping to get a lot of good stuff and Ill pass along what little info I have.

Welcome my new brother! There's lots that is shared here, don't be afraid to ask questions! We're here for you!

Welcome to the neigborhood!

Plenty of ECB alumni around here!!

Welcome, I started with an El Cheapo style smoker. Makes good food, and the lessons learned on it will take you far in the BBQ world. Grab a cold one and jump into the fray

Welcome, my new brother Nolan! Bro, don't give your "El Cheapo" another thought. The important thing is you've started and you'll make some GREAT food on it.

Glad to have you aboard!

Arlin

Welcome Nolan. There are a lot of "mods" that you should make to your ECB. Feel free to PM me if you dont already know about them. Or you can do some searches on this site - mainly the QTalk Forum.

Crack a cold one of your choice and have fun with us!

Brauma said:
Welcome Nolan. There are a lot of "mods" that you should make to your ECB. Feel free to PM me if you dont already know about them. Or you can do some searches on this site - mainly the QTalk Forum.

Crack a cold one of your choice and have fun with us!

Ive already done several of the mods found on another forum. Moved the legs to the outside and put the firebowl on a dish garden ( wide mouthed clay flowerpot ). Ive also gotten a new thermometer and a Maverick remote thermometer as well. Ive drilled holes in the bottom of the firebowl for airflow and I use a small charcoal grate to raise the coals up a little so the air can get under.

Are there more?

Welcome, Nolan! There's lots of great info here. Do a search for ECB and you'll find enough reading to keep you busy for a while!

Welcome Nolan... Nice to have ya here...

I've got family all over NC with some in/around Charlotte, so I guess I have an idea how far you may be from there.

Welcome Nolan. Glad to have you breathing smoke with us. Enjoy the ride.

Welcome Nolan.............
To Quote "Icemn62" in every welcome......

WELOME TO THE FRAY !!

Welcome aboard Nolan, enjoy what you learn and share what you know, it's what we do here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back