The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Gas Plancha Grill (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289235)

Welshman 01-26-2021 02:51 AM

Gas Plancha Grill
 
Me and the mrs have decided to double the size of our outdoor kitchen area and add a pizza oven. But i'm getting rid of the huge gas bbq and getting a plancha grill instead...

does anyone use a plancha grill and what do you think of them??

Titch 01-26-2021 04:52 AM

Gas
If it's a genuine article it's going to chew thru gasI would think

Welshman 01-26-2021 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titch (Post 4436969)
Gas
If it's a genuine article it's going to chew thru gasI would think

436g/h so 15kg tank will last quite a while really

Welshman 01-26-2021 08:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
its this one

Big George's BBQ 01-26-2021 08:28 AM

Would really like to see your outdoor cooking area when done

Welshman 01-26-2021 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big George's BBQ (Post 4437072)
Would really like to see your outdoor cooking area when done

i'm hoping to get it done by the end of february, at the moment theres a few inches of snow on the ground and minus temperatures out on the decking

CivilTrojan 01-26-2021 02:03 PM

So a plancha grill is the same as a griddle? Or is there a difference that I’m not seeing?

Titch 01-26-2021 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CivilTrojan (Post 4437186)
So a plancha grill is the same as a griddle? Or is there a difference that Iím not seeing?

I,m no experts ,but a Plancha should get hot enough to put pots/frypans on
In a commercial kitchen scenario.
Thats what I assume about them
Blackstone on steriods

Welshman 01-26-2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titch (Post 4437237)
I,m no experts ,but a Plancha should get hot enough to put pots/frypans on
In a commercial kitchen scenario.
Thats what I assume about them
Blackstone on steriods

Nope a plancha is just a flat top grill, just like a blackstone. I posted a picture above. Yiu have to remember Iím in the UK not America and we may name things differently to you.

Welshman 01-26-2021 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CivilTrojan (Post 4437186)
So a plancha grill is the same as a griddle? Or is there a difference that Iím not seeing?

Not 100% as a griddle in the uk isnít flat....itís griddled, aka like a cattle grid...

Not sure what you call them in the US

jwilliamson1000 01-26-2021 06:04 PM

Flat tops are very versatile and can turn out a lot of food

guero_gordo 01-26-2021 07:31 PM

Plancha is a flattop here, but I've only seen the name used in reference to restaurant equipment, so table-sized.
Blackstone is the big name in the portable type griddle you have there. Plenty of threads on those here by that name.

robertm 01-26-2021 07:37 PM

I'm in the contemplation stages of a large outdoor kitchen. I am thinking for my outdoor flat top griddle, or plancha as you call them, I'm going to go with a restaurant grade unit. The Blackstone's, camp chefs and what you show above are great for 3-5 years max. After that they are pretty wore out. I want something that will still perform and look great after 10 years. Just something to consider, may not apply to what your doing.

smokin'hoogie 01-26-2021 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welshman (Post 4436962)
Me and the mrs have decided to double the size of our outdoor kitchen area and add a pizza oven. But i'm getting rid of the huge gas bbq and getting a plancha grill instead...

does anyone use a plancha grill and what do you think of them??

check out Sam the Cooking guy's channel. He uses what seems to be a high quality outdoor Plancha and it seems to get the job done. Looks expensive though.

ModelMaker 01-27-2021 08:24 AM

Very similar to the plancha Hu Hot Mongolian grill uses.
Ed


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.