The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cattle Call !!! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   *** Brethren Member Map *** (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208591)

bikencycle 12-26-2020 10:04 AM

Hello everyone. Added myself to the BBQ brethren map. Live in the Chicago suburbs.
My wife bought me a WSM in March and I try to use it whenever the opportunity arises. Unfortunately smoking a for a large group is not an option for me at the moment. Hopefully things will improve in 2021.

declang 02-25-2021 02:19 PM

Declan here. Added a pin to the other 5 in Ireland !
Brand new to bbq-brethren.
Look forward to learning a lot from you guys, even though I only plan on using gas !

Sláinte
Just in case ... Wikipedia Knows Everything

Hutch114 03-07-2021 08:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hello all, first post to the thread, at least under this name. Realized that when I put my name to the map I had an old account under an old email that I never use anymore. So back again and ready for BBQ season up here in northern Michigan. Started off with a Brinkman way back when, then made my own UDS a few years ago. Did pork butts and loins, brisket, beef and pork ribs, turkey on that thing. Still planning on using it, but today I took the plunge to the dark side/evil empire/whatever you wanna call it, and picked up a vertical pellet smoker. Burn-off coming soon, looking forward to some great cooks on it.

NorCalStix 03-14-2021 11:49 AM

Hello everyone!

Novice learning to smoke foods - so far have only done tri tip, ribs, and a turkey. Attempting to work with an offset.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

ChuckIt 03-19-2021 02:50 PM

Hey all! Excited to learn a thing or two or maybe more like 1,000's of things.

I just ordered an OKJ Bandera for my first foray into stick burning (after previously using an electric cabinet smoker...or maybe more fitting, an outdoor crockpot). This site seemed like a must join after looking into it a bit.

Sarth67, if you're around and see this I saw your firebox lid mod and it looks like a great idea. I may head out to Harbor Freight and then hunt down some 1/4" steel before it even gets delivered! Any "watch outs" now that it looks like you've had that lid like that for a while?

Ron_L 03-19-2021 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckIt (Post 4456165)
Hey all! Excited to learn a thing or two or maybe more like 1,000's of things.

I just ordered an OKJ Bandera for my first foray into stick burning (after previously using an electric cabinet smoker...or maybe more fitting, an outdoor crockpot). This site seemed like a must join after looking into it a bit.

Sarth67, if you're around and see this I saw your firebox lid mod and it looks like a great idea. I may head out to Harbor Freight and then hunt down some 1/4" steel before it even gets delivered! Any "watch outs" now that it looks like you've had that lid like that for a while?

Hi Kevin!

It is unlikely that he will see this. You may want to try sending him a private message or post the question for everyone in the QTalk section.

ChuckIt 03-25-2021 03:54 PM

Thanks for the tip, Ron. Much appreciated.

rque 05-18-2021 10:07 AM

Hello All, rque here hailing from the Rochester, NY area. Been lurking the last few months and finally decided to join.

I started smoking with my 22” Weber kettle and the old Smokinator before finally replacing it with a SnS this year. I also picked up a PBJ to see what UDS was all about and bring it along on camp/cottage trips. Looking forward to learning even more about bbq and smoking as I’m looking to pickup a new “real” smoker next year (which means ordering soon!).

Gokul 05-18-2021 04:46 PM

Amateur Smoker from PNW

I am Gokul; I live in Bothell, Washington. I know nothing about BBQ, but I got inspiration from my neighbor, who smokes every day. While cooking, I find my backyard filled with a beautiful aroma. I wanted to learn the art, but I wanted to start smaller instead of buying big boys. Hence I bought a New Braunfels smoker, which requires some love and planning to restore and begin smoking this summer. This is a wonderful platform to meet like-minded people and share knowledge. Great work. Thanks for accepting me to join this group.

harknii 05-27-2021 11:36 AM

Just put my name on the map. See me in a recent Cattle Call!!!

Jarrell, TX