The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Hot Stuff Shops (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7868)

shock 03-25-2004 03:22 PM

Hot Stuff Shops

A post in the sauce thread made me think about posting a hot sauce shop thread. I have a favorite store here in St. Charles, MO called Figuero's. I'll post some pics....

shock 03-25-2004 03:24 PM

Nice Rack

There are about 8 or 9 walls like this...

parrothead 03-25-2004 03:27 PM

I don't see their designer toilet paper selection.

shock 03-25-2004 03:28 PM

HOT MAMA!!

This rack (with my wife Jackie in the pic) is the BBQ sauce rack. They had some pretty good stuff...

I went for the Blues Hog...

shock 03-25-2004 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parrothead

Don't need it. This stuff is SO hot it'll burn your sphincter clean out... If you get yer hand to close to yer butt it'll probably spontaneously combust :D

racer_81 03-25-2004 05:01 PM

Re: HOT MAMA!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shock
This rack (with my wife Jackie in the pic) is the BBQ sauce rack. They had some pretty good stuff...

I went for the Blues Hog...

Nice rack.

:wink:

brdbbq 03-25-2004 07:02 PM

Anyone know of a sauce shop in DFW ?

Jorge 03-25-2004 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brdbbq

Central Market is the best I've seen, besides the place in Grapevine Mills that has all of the Texas stuff.

brdbbq 03-25-2004 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorge
Quote:

Central Market is the best I've seen, besides the place in Grapevine Mills that has all of the Texas stuff.

After all the grief you gave me about Central Market ? Guess I will wait till First Monday. Always find unique $hit out there.

Bill-Chicago 03-26-2004 07:23 AM

That place looks pretty cool Shock

I could spend a good couple days milling around that place.

I need to ask. What are the tables for? Taste testing?

shock 03-26-2004 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willkat98
That place looks pretty cool Shock

I could spend a good couple days milling around that place.

I need to ask. What are the tables for? Taste testing?

You know he just remodeled the place. He basically doubled the size of of spice shop. The front is gourmet coffee...

My guess is that he puts sample out on the weekends. There is another cool shop in Alton, IL called Chili Heads. Everytime you go in there, they have a bunch of samples on a table right in the front door...

The Chili Heads guy has a smoker and likes to fire it up on the weekends on the sidewalk in front of his shop. He'll sit out there smoking or BBQ'ing drinking beer! He cooks just to give it away!!

frognot 03-26-2004 08:43 AM

Quote:

Supposedly a guy has a booth with a lot of em at Dallas Farmer's market. also find some new ones at World Market.

Mark 03-26-2004 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parrothead

Yeah! And toilet paper testing too!

brdbbq 03-26-2004 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frognot
Quote:

Supposedly a guy has a booth with a lot of em at Dallas Farmer's market. also find some new ones at World Market.

Have not been to Farmers in awhile. Bout time for a trip.

shock 03-28-2004 08:39 AM

Second Hottest sauce in the world...

7.1 million scoville units.... The hottest is 16 million but I didn't see it out. A habenaro pepper is only around 300,000 scoville.