• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Catering Request

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
After having to turn down my first request for BBQ catering, I was just asked this morning if I'd be interested in doing pork butts and whole chickens for a guy's baby son's baptism in July! It's between contests so I'm good! Finally... a tiny bit of return on investment! LOL!

Congrats Jeff
I'm sure the food will be great.
Just don't make the classic newbie mistake and not charge enough.

Way to go! Remember it's better to have too much food than to run out...

I'm sure I'll have questions as time gets closer. I already have downloaded the BBQ catering spreadsheet (forgot who mentioned it) so I'm going to try to do things up right.

Jeff_in_KC said:
I'm sure I'll have questions as time gets closer. I already have downloaded the BBQ catering spreadsheet (forgot who mentioned it) so I'm going to try to do things up right.

I have one of those as well that I shared with Wayne that I capture costs on for the gigs we do. Ask Wayne sometime about the tax implications of catering for your employer :eek: hahahaha.... another story.

If you found one online someplace, share - I'd love to compare it to mine.
You are welcome to mine also.

Good luck!!!

And hey, if you are turning some down.... hook the rest of us up :wink:

I'm trying to recall where I got it. Someone on here knows because it was from a post on this forum. It is on my laptop and not this computer. If someone doesn't fess up, I'll try to get it uploaded here tomorrow.

Andy, I assume you're going to be cooking at Laurie? If so, you're out on the BBQ catering job I had to turn down for the same reason... and I'll be darned if I'm missing out on the post contest Saturday night "entertainment"!

Go get em' Boy Dog!!!!!!! You'll be the hit of the party, I'm sure.
Smoke On!!!! Ed

Back