THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I do hope to one day rotisserie a hog on a big spit...IMO that is way too cool. It's always fascinated me. Baby steps though, I don't raise cows or hogs so i'll prolly start with a suckling pig on the drum.

A lot depends on the crowd, I like to cook Prime Rib, so I look for reasons to spend the money and cook a nice Prime Rib.

Once it a while, we will do a huge yakitori feast, or something along those lines.

Whatever the dawgs are eating.......which is what I'm eating......which has made corporate CEO's weak in the knees......not attempting to brag it up, I just cook & it's real rare some one person has any problem wanting to go for seconds....

I tend to go with something I understand well & have done a number of ways before.....anything goes haywire, there's a response that will fix it....

this might be even more important than the ordinary: "don't try a new recipe or method for a number of guests or at a comp"......if it's someone special as a guest, KNOW that you'll nail it to the wall & still have extra time to visit & be pleasant......:grin:

Chargrilled Oysters

Living on the gulf coast and having friends in the seafood industry, I usually have access to pretty good oysters. Being that they are one of the few things that I can cook decently, I usually whip up some chargrilled oysters. They seem to be a hit.

Last edited:
Living on the gulf coast and having friends in the seafood industry, I usually have access to pretty good oysters. Being that they are one of the few things that I can cook decently, I usually whip up some chargrilled oysters. They seem to be a hit.

Oh sure rub it in! :becky: that looks delicious!

I don't really have a "go to" meal. A couple weeks ago for my son's graduation party I made pulled pork and ribs. Not sure what the next get together will bring. I gotta cook one night the week after next for my family on a family vacation in the outer banks. I'll figure it out when I get there.

I normally try new stuff when friends come over and promise them the food could all be awful because I've never tried the recipe. Rolling a few things I haven't done today to try out on some friends that are coming over :grin:

I did help do a hog on a spit on open fire, If I remember correctly it was a lot of work & very good. It was before I started doing this but it was somewhat Inspiring, I will try someday. Looking for parts to build everything now.

Larry

This past Memorial day, we had 16 here for dinner. I did up a 15lb Brisket, 4lbs of Blackened Salmon, 4lbs of Canadian mussels and 15 ears of corn all cooked on three different grills.

Anything special is nothing special for me, I'll cook what ever gets in my way and what ever anybody asks for, as long as I get to help eat it.
I do meat.
Wife does salads.

Back