THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mcyork28

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
The porcelain coated grill grates on my Weber Genesis are pealing off for the second time in three years. Weber replaced them the first time under warranty but I think I want to go with stainless steel now.

The two options are:

grillgrates: https://www.grillgrate.com/grill-grates-for-the-07-16-weber-genesis/

Weber stainless: https://www.amazon.com/Weber-7528-S...keywords=weber+stainless+steel+grates+genesis

Grillgrate is running a 10% off sale so both items will cost about the same amount. Is there any major benefit of the Grillgrates over the Weber option?

Thanks,

Matt

I used to have a Genesis. I replaced the stock grates with GrillGrates. Best gas grill I ever had!!! Just make sure to not run your grill past about medium heat (it’s plenty hot when set to medium heat) as you run the risk of damaging the belly of the cooker. When running a full set of GG’s there is a lot of heat that is suppressed down in the belly of the cooker.

The advantages were:

1) You’ll go through less propane as you will not have to run your grill as hot to achieve the same results as running with stock Weber grates.
2) Pretty much eliminates flare ups.
3) Gorgeous grill marks.
4) Flip them over and you’ll have an awesome griddle.
5) I really felt like the overall results of what I cook improved in the area of retained moisture.

Hope this helps :)

Properly seasoned cast iron grates on mine. Lasted many years. I spray them down with Pam or fake pam after any really hot cooks.

Of the two choices you have up there I'd have to go with the stainless rod.

I haven't used the Grill Grates, but those welded-rod stainless grates came with my Weber Genesis and they've worked great for the three years I've had the grill. No sign of wearing out anytime soon. They are definitely heavy-duty.

Back