Wal-Mart once again expanding their grill options?

SweetHeatBBQnSC

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Joedy
Was in Wal-Mart tonight and couldn't believe my eyes. It was the only box like this I saw in the store. Kamado style.
0ec95feb47fb4fc1ad3cc559f12b1748.jpg

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk

Yep, looks exactly like the Akorn. As others have stated $300 is a pretty good price for a kamado cooker. Mine was fantastic and lasted about 3 years before the entire bottom rusted out. Mind you that was 100% my fault as I left it out in the rain all that time and often forgot to clean the ash pan / empty moisture.

Do I recall a thread with Smitty who bought one of these cheap acorn cookers at Aldis or some Grocery store and gave it a good review?

Smitty, feel free to chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

If so, Check the general reviews on it to see what they say. Keep in mind....Walmart has a pretty liberal return policy for the unsatisfied customer. Not sure if cookers apply to this but worth looking into.

Do I recall a thread with Smitty who bought one of these cheap acorn cookers at Aldis or some Grocery store and gave it a good review?

Smitty, feel free to chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

If so, Check the general reviews on it to see what they say. Keep in mind....Walmart has a pretty liberal return policy for the unsatisfied customer. Not sure if cookers apply to this but worth looking into.
It was a komander from Aldi and I think he liked it. It looks just like the akorn. I had an akorn for a while and really liked it. I just wished it was bigger.

Back