Turkey breast question

Learning to BBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
We do a whole turkey breast once in a while in the oven and they turn out great. I've been wanting to smoke one, and am going to have the smoker running on Sunday. The only difference is that we won't be eating it until later in the week. I'm just wondering what would be the best way to reheat the whole thing whenever it's time to actually have it. I'm just kinda wondering about drying it out. It will still be whole when reheated which should help. Any advice or experience with reheating pre-cooked turkey breast?

smoke it for about a hour and then into a cooking bag, finish in the oven , that will save a lot of juice, vac seal it and reheat with a SV if you have 1.

Don't do it if at all possible. Turkey breast dries out very easily when re-heated. Plus you'll never get the skin to crisp back up.

A turkey breast only takes about 2.5 to 3 hours at around 325-350F. Hopefully you can find that much time on the day you plan to eat it?

On the offset I cook them super smoky for a couple of hours, get them done at 275-300, rest, slice, and vacseal the sliced leftovers. True, they kinda dry out when reheated but I frankly can't tell because it's still so good especially in a sandwich

Thanks for the ideas guys. It's in the smoker right now. Going to go with an hour or so of smoke then remove it and finish cooking whenever we decide to have it. I'm going to look for one of those cooking bags. Haven't heard of them before.

I make more turkey than we can eat every Thanksgiving. Brine the breast and use a fat/oil (butter, etc.) when smoking it (barely to temp is better than over temp). Freeze it with a vacuum sealer or a ziploc back with as little air as possible. I reheat in a sealed foil pan in the oven @325 with turkey or chicken broth for 45 mins. My kids eat the whole damn thing before I get any. (that's why I save the brisky for me :grin: )

I've "smoked" turkey breast on the Weber kettle on the indirect side. Temp is probably about 350; in my limited experience turkey seems to come out better at a higher temperature.

I've "smoked" turkey breast on the Weber kettle on the indirect side. Temp is probably about 350; in my limited experience turkey seems to come out better at a higher temperature.

I like mine cooked on the kettle with the rotisserie. Temps at the lid around 375. Only smoke is from the lump. Doesn't take long with this method. Never had a dry one.

Smoke ours 275-300 with salt and pepper rub til about 140 or so…whenever the color looks good. I then cut up about a stick of butter and put on the breast in the foil and cook til about 155 and then pull and rest. Will finish over 160. Slice thin and keep in the butter. Reheating is never an issue as there is so much butter it always stays moist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I smoke turkey breast to take to my daughter, who lives a couple hundred miles away when we visit. I rub boneless, skinless turkey breast with course salt and pepper. Smoke at about 250 for 2-1/2 to 3 hrs, then slather with butter and seal up in foil. Put it back in for another hour. When done, leave it sealed in foil and refrigerate it. When ready to eat, reheat the sealed foil packet in a 300 degree oven.

Back