THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ehk49

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Eric
Wild Fork Prime Brisket, Texas turkey and scratch made pork jalapeno sausage all cooked today. The brisket went on the Outlaw Patio at 4:30 this morning at 275 and was transferred to the oven after wrapping about 5 hours later. I lost track of time, so don't recall how long it spent in there at 275, but it was done way early. This was the first time I held a brisket in the oven, but it will not be the last. Again, since I lost track of time, I don't know how long it was held either, but I held it at 165 and when I sliced it, it was total jiggly meat butter. Awesome.

The turkey went on the Gateway drum around 1, followed by the sausage an hour or so later and were both pulled around 3:30. The turkey was moist, sausage was tasty. I wish I had oriented the brisket for a proper picture, but that's probably the worst mistake I made with this cook, so can't beat myself up too badly.

Attachments

Back