THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yazoo's

Knows what a fatty is.
I am very proud to announce that this year's Tennessee Funfest, June 17-18 at the Agricenter in Memphis, TN will be KCBS Sanctioned! This will be the 30th year for this contest and Melissa and I are proud to be selected as organizers.

This has been one of the largest Memphis Barbecue Network contest events for many years. Being it was the 30th Annual event, we wanted to add some excitement so we will be Dual Sanctioned this year- both MBN and KCBS sanctioned! This contest has raised over $50,000 for the Alzheimer's Association over the past few years- a truly worthy charity.

This contest has always been the Tennessee State Championship for MBN, and will maintain that status for you guys looking for a Jack Draw! We are adding a Kids Contest (on Friday night so you don't have to interfere with your turn ins!) and many more events which will be announced in the coming weeks.

Applications will be up on our website- TNFUNFEST.com in the next week. I certainly hope you will consider cooking in our event!

We are OFFICIALLY KCBS and MBN Sanctioned now. Applications going up in a couple of days...

You do not have to cook both contests- each is a stand alone KCBS or MBN contest- but there are discounts for entering both- MBN teams can get a feel for doing a KCBS contest, or all you KCBS teams can venture over to the dark side and try a category or two in an MBN.

More details at http://tnfunfest.com.

It looks like we will be moving to the St. Louis area in late Spring so this one definitely looks like it could be on our schedule! I love the idea of a porta-jon decorating contest! :laugh:

Looking forward to it Pete, great work getting the dual-sanction.

It is a State Championship for both MBN and KCBS. However, the Jack rules state your contest must cook pork, ribs, brisket and chicken to be a qualifier- which is defined to be just for KCBS. Therefore, the KCBS Grand Champion will be in the Jack Draw but the MBN Grand Champion will not be.

Applications are up! We are still working on the website, and yes, it is KCBS sanctioned, but the website doesn't have all the KCBS info up yet. However, the application reflects KCBS.

You do get a discount for cooking both contests. Our turn in schedule will give you time to compete in both contests (it will be the same as the Murphysboro IL dual contest for those that have entered that contest).

14 different Ancillary contests for those that like to show off their chef skills!

We would love to have you!

Website is finally looking good- go to http://tnfunfest.com for info about our contest and many activities we have going on June 16-18. We are also adding a Kids Cookoff, and working on some great sponsors and prizes for all the kids.

This contest has generated over 50,000 for the Alzheimer's Association over the last few years. The older I get, the more dear to my heart this cause becomes!

You can pm me if you have any questions. Prize monies will be announced in a few days, but the total package looks to be over $20,000!

Back