THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
Happy Sunday, Pholks!

In the UK, today is Remembrance Sunday. At 1100, the world STOPS for 2 minutes of silence. Cars stop. Trains stop. Planes stop (just kidding). People stop walking. Respect.

It. Is. Amazing.

Today, as on all other days, We Remember.

mVwe8bXl.jpg

Enjoyed today by whipping up an easy lunch of Opa Jalapeño & Cheese Sausage, sautéed onion, and a little mayo on a half a bolillo roll. - The 7K IPA sure didn't hurt nuthin' along the way.

JYif2WYl.jpg

4KASumsl.jpg

UnDtxL4l.jpg

Kept the party rolling with 2 birds - 1 spicy Jamaican Jerk, and 1 mild Jamaican Jerk.

Jamaican Rice & Beans rounded out the meal (... well... there was thyme in the rice & beans. That's green!).

CMFGE1fl.jpg

ZgfEPUil.jpg

1Duqm7gl.jpg

Hot & Spicy on the Left / Mild on the Right.

Pryzjgdl.jpg

Bits & Bobs for the Rice & Beans - Great smokey, savoury flavor that called to our munchkin. Had to CNX the scotch bonnets in the recipe if we wanted anyone to live. Boo.

pbcgj28l.jpg

Cg8ZNuHl.jpg

IWLpwd5l.jpg

You need some of this. I'm taking it for lunch tomorrow.

Our munchkin destroyed a plate, and requested it for lunch at school tomorrow (A First)!

Y'all stay safe out there. Kind regards and thin blue from the ABQ.

Killer as always Marc! Only chickens I get nowadays are the air chilled chickens. Good stuff!!

Looking good! How's the Grace seasoning? Don't have that around here that I've seen. Only Walkerswood & can find Busha Browne at some places.

Only chickens I get nowadays are the air chilled chickens.

Many thanks, Sako! I'm still in shock from moving to the Big City from Clovidishu (that's Clovis, NM for those playing the home game). I popped into and out of Costco with those birds in < 5 minutes! It was awesome!

I'd be happy with some higher quality bird, but these seem to do the trick thus far.

How's the Grace seasoning? Don't have that around here that I've seen. Only Walkerswood & can find Busha Browne at some places.

Cheers, Andy! I've been a part of the Walkerswood movement for a long while, but about 6 months ago, we moved to Grace as our preferred Jamaican Jerk seasoning. CINCHOUSE and Munchkin both like the flavor in the mild. It's still a little spicy for the little, but she's learning how to work around that (teaching moment!) at the table.

Flavor of both mild and hot are excellent, and honestly on-par with Walkerswood. You won't go wrong with either, but the mild from Grace seems to work better for my family's tender mouths.

Hope that's helpful.

I'm asking for a rotisserie for the weber for Christmas. Hopefully Santa will deliver.

Cheers! I had to jump on mine, as Cajun Bandit had but ONE left in stock back in the summer. Yikes!

Best cooking tool purchase I've made since the UUNI Pizza Oven back in '18.

Looks like a fantastic meal. You certainly do bring together some flavors and items that I have never heard of, so it's always a learning experience from your posts. Nice job!

Great groceries and tribute!

I've been hitting the Walkerswood, but I don't think I've heard about Grace before (which doesn't mean I haven't...:oops:). I will check that out - love me some jerk!
Hope you and yer crew had a great weekend - looks like y'all did from here!

Back