Quesadillas

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Had about a half pound of leftover grilled ribeye. Into the food processor and pulsed. Hatch Green Chile tortillas. Tillamook Mexican blend. Out of block and didn't feel like Sam's Club. My newest Lodge CI fit perfectly. Buttered and panned until cheese melted and desired toasting of tortilla.Topped with Vidalia onion, black olive, sour cream and guac. Not too much

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but i thought they need to be folded? Whatever that is, it reminds me of a tostada.

It's done You're not wrong, but as the saying
Goes, "quesadillas - the method and fillings have evolved over time"

I enjoy the two tortilla flip seeing if it can be accomplished without slinging
meat across the heat source. Cheese to the edges is the secret. A lot of times I'll make a folder for the Bride and a twofertort for me. Usually it looks like the toasted tortilla but had extra meat I wanted to eat (rib eye good)

Beans versus No Beans situation these days in single tortilla folded versus two tortillas and flipped. Comments on quesadillas articles are worth reading. I ate mine like a round pizza chasing the rare dropped fillings with a fork, Bride used a pizza cutter and remarked one tortilla folded over would've been plenty. She used salsa, I used sauce.

Bottom line your house your rules.
Enjoy

Last edited:
My youngest's fav Mexican food, so I make 'em pretty often. The double tortilla is, IMO, the only way to go. And yes, the "stuffing" options are endless. I've never done the extra topping like you did, so consider this stolen...

My youngest's fav Mexican food, so I make 'em pretty often. The double tortilla is, IMO, the only way to go. And yes, the "stuffing" options are endless. I've never done the extra topping like you did, so consider this stolen...

My son loves them too. He makes all kinds of quesadillas with all kinds of tortillas. All kinds of meats. He's a good cook.

Looks delicious!

I flip mine by putting a plate face down over it and then flipping frying pan so that the quesadilla is on the plate. I put the pan back on the fire and slide the quesadilla back into the pan.

Nice work, Adams. There's a Mexican melting cheese you might want to give a try, Oaxaca, that is really good for quesadillas and such. Nice stretchy pull, and not greasy.

iu

Back