THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pizzakngjr

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Kyle
I knew I wanted to enter the "Big Farkin Chop" Throwdown but wasn't sure I could pull it off due to a crazy work schedule this month. I knew I was off today, so I thought I could do it with some careful planning. Am I glad I did!!

Thursday on my way to work I called Chris Bolyard at Bolyards Meat and Provisions in Manchester, Mo and asked if I could get a "Big Farkin Chop" He asked how thick I wanted, and we settled on 1 1/2" frenched pork chop. I told him I would be in this morning to pick it up. So I show up to Bolyard's and there is a few people in there and I was greeted by Chris's wife Abbie and told her I had a custom order to pick-up. She brought out the chop and it looked farkin fantastic! So I quickly headed home and fire up the mini WSM.

5911eb3e-917d-4cd8-9cfc-7bfb5bbccdca_zpskhzgdprc.jpg

Seasoned with Code 3 Spices Grunt Rub

d1141c8c-efd4-4dfd-8fea-700130533dca_zpsfykeol5a.jpg

Onto MiniWSM

bf2ea966-ddfa-495d-9c29-b4dc720ccc7d_zpsfxywqc0n.jpg

Smoked until I hit an IT of 145. (I was looking for 140* but it got away from me.) Then rested while I got the chimney fired up for a fast sear. I also smoked some baby russets and grilled some zucchini to go with it.

Plated:
772b6e2b-476d-4588-a7b1-ccc7565452d5_zpsvjlmuf7b.jpg

The potatoes were rubbed in oil, salted and smoked, then finished direct while the zucchini cooked. Smashed, buttered and sprinkled with sage.

The zucchini was oil, Jane's Mixed-Up Pepper and Bragg's Liquid Aminos.

That was the best, juciest porkchop I have ever had. 1 1/2" and 12 oz.

Thanks for lookin!!

Back