On a random Tuesday- Porterhouse

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Yellow Tag of course.. big arse salad with blue. B&B XL Lump in Tiernan SOB. Steak reverse seared. Seasoned light with garlic salt then moderately heavy with Oakridge Carne Crosta. Temp was 132 to 141 when wrapped for a few minutes to get juices. Excellent she said. Tad over I thought to myself. On a random Tuesday in October, she smiled.
Good enough

Last edited:
Looks good Adams, but there is no such thing as a random Tuesday, or any day when it comes to steak. I would eat steak every day of the week if funds permitted.

Way to stretch a yellow tag into a meal for two, Adams. Great salad.

But...but...no tacos on Tuesday?

There's no Tue that's not better with a good steak. Well played.

And BTW, have I told you that I covet your SOB? They have always struck me as a great design.

There's no Tue that's not better with a good steak. Well played.

And BTW, have I told you that I covet your SOB? They have always struck me as a great design.

The Tiernan SOB was made locally. Cool history. I've known & visited with Mike Tiernan many years. The company has been sold but my understanding the new owners kept same name and employees and the SOB is still available. Not sure. Anyway the SOB 34&48 were marketed Nation Wide. They show up quite often in Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist. I had a new 48, then a custom 26, and just like Mike T always told me the 34" just like choice grade brisket hits the sweet spot.

Back