THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In the chain of kettle evolution it's above a Weber 22, and before a Weber 26, SNS Deluxe and a Kettle Joe. I like the hinged lid too, but kettles generally have the top vent off center so the smoke/heat can follow the food, the OKJ is dead center.

Similar thoughts as those above- $80 more gets you a Weber 26.75 and all its extra, very useful space (which, after you cook on it for a while and then have to use a 22, you will miss) and having a centered stack is bad. I've had a couple Weber 2010 Platinums with the centered lid vent. Eventually, I sold them because of it.

I do like the air intake system idea, the ash handling set-up, the hinge, the shelf, and the 4-point footprint.

Weber 26. Tried and true.

Great point by Thirdeye with the top vent being in the center of the lid. You can make it work but still. Plus I'm pretty sure it's going to be air leak galore.

Porcelain coated stuff is pricey, I'm curious about the air control as I couldn't see it in any photos. I see the grate is an inch smaller than my weber, but I'd kill for a porcelain coated cooking grate. Florida is hard on the cheap nickel plated webers.

The top exhaust vent is off center similar to a Weber. Look closely at photos and a few YouTube videos will clearly show offset exhaust.

Looks to be sturdier then a Weber with better wheels.

Somebody go buy one!

Back