THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TNsmoke62

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
Toby
some background: i've been riding an old analog electric cabinet smoker for years. its rusting out the bottom and I have to brace the door with a patio chair to keep it sealed cause the magnets went out ages ago. before summer I plan to send her on the happy smoking grounds and replace. after months of research I think I want a bronco...but which one...?

is there any advantage to the pro beyond cooking volume? seems like an awfully big jump in price for a bit more cooking capacity. am I missing something...

I have the standard Bronco and love it. Not sure what the pro gives you other than the larger cooking surface.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

If you are willing to shell out the money for a Pro I would suggest looking at Hunsaker or Gateway drums instead. The regular Bronco is a cool option though.

If you are willing to shell out the money for a Pro I would suggest looking at Hunsaker or Gateway drums instead. The regular Bronco is a cool option though.

I like this suggestion. I had the Bronco & loved it. Decently beefy & some how comes in a box with a bunch of additions. The things I didn't like about it were its in ability to accept an entire rack of ribs without removal of the diffuser plate. That was the major downside IMO. It mostly survived a tree falling on it, but that was partly by luck.

Gave it to a buddy who's keeping her going these days. Definitely makes me missing having a UDS style smoker to the point I think about making one.

I don't understand the big price jump for the Pro either. I have a standard Bronco and it is currently my most used smoker but I would love for it to be a little bigger. It does not appear that they are sold thru any big box stores so I do not see a clearance sale for this model happening.

I have the regular Bronco and it's been totally fine for me. I've been able to get 15# packers on it, (2) 10# butts at once, (2) 6# chickens at once, and plenty of other smaller items. I even picked up the Bronco on clearance at Wally World for $125, so it's been a win-win for me...

If I could have found a discounted Bronco, it would have followed me home. Love that size- just right for a small family. I have a 30 gallon UDS - and a 55 gallon UDS... The 30 is my "go to" cooker.

I have the regular Bronco and it's been totally fine for me. I've been able to get 15# packers on it, (2) 10# butts at once, (2) 6# chickens at once, and plenty of other smaller items. I even picked up the Bronco on clearance at Wally World for $125, so it's been a win-win for me...

Ditto ^^^

You can do some serious grilling by lowering the grate. That clearance bargain was awesome. My Academy matched Walmart price plus an extra 5%.
Fornetto Basso Lowe’s Was awesome as well.

Back