Not your average burger

jkief

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Jeffry
Started by smoking the bacon on the Yoder for the beans. Then came in and made the dough for the buns. Then cooked ground pork, onion, red bell pepper, and garlic down for the beans. Added the beans, bacon, and other ingredients. Threw them on the Masterbuilt at 250 for 2 hours. While that was smoking, I formed the dough into buns and started proofing. Then to the grinder to grind the beef and pork for the burgers. Turned the temp to 300 and let the beans go about hour. Threw the griddle plates on the Yoder and cranked it up. Buns got an egg wash and sesame seeds and in the oven they go. As soon as they come out, burgers go on the griddle with seasoning and Gouda cheese. Homemade siracha Mayo round out the prep. Wife made potato salad with fresh herbs from her garden. It’s probably one of the best burgers I’ve had.

Last edited:
Looking very good. How are you liking your Yoder now that you have had it for awhile?

That really looks fantastic! Love the idea of the homemade buns, they look perfect.

Looking very good. How are you liking your Yoder now that you have had it for awhile?

I’ve got to be honest. I really like it. The design of the fire pot with the empty space under it allows you to do a ton of cooks before having to clean it out if you wanted to. But it’s crazy easy to empty it out. I’ve managed smoke flavor by adjusting the temps compared to what I would cook on the MAK. Having the grill grates and griddle set right in makes it amazingly versatile. Maybe it’s still “new cooker syndrome” but it’s usually my go to over the MAK when I use the pellet pooper. Only thing I hate is that you have to remove the top rack to remove the deflector plate. It’s minor though. Rust is forming at the bottom of the cart where rain is splashing under the cover, but not a huge deal. If I had to do it again, I wouldn’t hesitate to pick it up. Been rock solid.

Can't beat that especially with the homemade buns. Looking great!

Back