THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kuberlarrie

Hi

I am a newbie from South Africa who has recently started out in the world of BBQ.
Got an Old Country BBQ offset smoker as a gift from a friend at my Harley bike club.

Have done pulled pork shoulder a few times and attempted my first brisket over the weekend.

Married with two boys, into food, hunting, Harley Davidson bikes, fishing, photography.

I have acquired a few gizmos so far for my pit:

Therma Q temp probes and meter
Bear claws

I am waiting for some sealing gaksets and high temp silicone to seal my pit properly. Unfortunately nobody in SA makes BBQ pits, so I have to make do with what I have. Maybe I will have a pit manufactured for me here in SA.

Of course we South Africans are very avid "braaiers" which is an Afrikaans word for South African BBQ. Usually it involves
Grilling meat and sausage over an open wooden fire.

I look forward to learning from you guys- american style BBQ has been a bit of an eye opener to me! I always thought in my ignorance that there must be something wrong with guys grilling burger patties and viennas and then calling it a BBQ, but obviously I jave learnt there is much more to it than that.

I will add a few pics...
6a830523658e0d609cbf369ea1f26c74.jpg

e652f8f0bbae7c36fcfb1805e7cc348b.jpg

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Back