THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Don't buy any Bourbon- trust me I won't run out
Don't buy any lump-briquettes nor pellets- trust me I'm good
Eat more salmon- the absolute toughest of three

So I'm making it fun. Two cookers. Smoked seasoned Alaskan Filets crumbled coarsely adding pepper jack cheese and cholula in addition to regular stuff. Cavender Greek dressing over onion-tomato and avocado. Air fried garlic parmesan Brussels.
A Crapton of fresh lemon squeezed and resqueezed over everything.. Only a faint hint of salmon. I got this.

Last edited:
Sorry about your number 3. I like salmon. You could smoke it or smoke it and make some dip out with it. Keto friends will dip veges instead of crakers, heck maybe even pork rinds. Have recipes if so desired

Smoked cream cheese blended with smoked salmon did cross my mind as a delivery method. Wife is a seafood-fish junkie. I’m the same about beef. Can’t think of just myself all the time, at least not in 2022 —I have a resolution :-D

Catching a salmon and eating it within minutes of it swimming is damn good stuff. Not so fresh salmon from the store is not in the same boat. Fresh seafood is what I miss about living on the coast.

Sorry about your number 3. I like salmon. You could smoke it or smoke it and make some dip out with it. Keto friends will dip veges instead of crakers, heck maybe even pork rinds. Have recipes if so desired

Joe,

Yes please on the recipes. I also like Adams idea of smoked cream cheese and smoked salmon as a starting place.

Burned out on salmon patties as a kid. Of course, the salmon was from the can and I believe had crunchy bones in the meat.

Thanks,

Robert

Catching a salmon and eating it within minutes of it swimming is damn good stuff. Not so fresh salmon from the store is not in the same boat. Fresh seafood is what I miss about living on the coast.

My little brother was a Dentist in Alaska for a while. There was a river nearby that allowed non tribal members one salmon (can’t remember the frequency)
A woman member would clean the salmon with an ulu and the daughter would package for overnight shipping. He didn’t send it but twice but it was the best most oily bubbly salmon when cooked on the grill.

I do love salmon and fish in general but I like my fish wild caught. Usually when people refer to salmon, it's the farm raised, artificially colored filets at the market. That's what I don't like. :-D

Smoked Fish

1/2 cup kosher salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp onion & garlic powder
1 TBS paprika

-Pat dry and dry brine in fridge 3-6 hours
-Rinse pat dry and rest in fridge for 3 hours to overnight for pellicle to form

Smoke at lowest for 30 min then at 225° until fish is at 145°

Dip
8oz softened cream cheese
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
1 TBS lemon juice
1 clove crushed garlic
1 tsp chive
1 tsp horseradish
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp or dash hot sauce
Pinch of black pepper
Mix well
Fold in 1/2 lb smoked fish
Refrigerate for 2 hours
Enjoy

I do love salmon and fish in general but I like my fish wild caught. Usually when people refer to salmon, it's the farm raised, artificially colored filets at the market. That's what I don't like. :-D

I agree 100% Mine is reeled in straight from Lake Michigan :-D

Pacific Ocean and Columbia River were my fishing holes.

Went back for Christmas and Razer clams were in season with 20 a day limit. Ate a bunch fresh and brought some home.

Smoked Fish

1/2 cup kosher salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp onion & garlic powder
1 TBS paprika

-Pat dry and dry brine in fridge 3-6 hours
-Rinse pat dry and rest in fridge for 3 hours to overnight for pellicle to form

Smoke at lowest for 30 min then at 225° until fish is at 145°

Dip
8oz softened cream cheese
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream