THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

qposner

Full Fledged Farker
Hey all! Going to cook a 5lb boneless turkey breast tomorrow on the PBC. Was going to rub with Yardbird and let it go. I'm assuming I'll remove the net, rub inside and out and hang on the turkey hanger. Probably around 20 min per lb at 275 for an hour and 45 min or so until IT is 165. Does this sound about right? Do I need to brine it? If so, for how long? And what is an easy bribe recipe?

Thanks a million!!!

Hey all! Going to cook a 5lb boneless turkey breast tomorrow on the PBC. Was going to rub with Yardbird and let it go. I'm assuming I'll remove the net, rub inside and out and hang on the turkey hanger. Probably around 20 min per lb at 275 for an hour and 45 min or so until IT is 165. Does this sound about right? Do I need to brine it? If so, for how long? And what is an easy bribe recipe?

Thanks a million!!!

Depends on the size as far as timing.. I would go hotter if you can and maybe spritz it with some butter and/or wrap in foil towards the end with some butter.

Depends on the size as far as timing.. I would go hotter if you can and maybe spritz it with some butter and/or wrap in foil towards the end with some butter.

It's a 5# boneless breast. I can easily go hotter since I use a PartyQ.

I am doing my first turkey breast tomorrow and will be doing it on the PBC as well. Hope yours turns out well.

You as well! What is your plan?

I injected it with Tony Chachere's and gave it a coat of Kosmo's Dirty Bird Hot. Put it on the PBC at 300...took 1 hour and 10 minutes and it is at 150. Just took the lid off and going to let it hit 165 while running as hot as the PBC will get!

iANo5BYl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I injected it with Tony Chachere's and gave it a coat of Kosmo's Dirty Bird Hot. Put it on the PBC at 300...took 1 hour and 10 minutes and it is at 150. Just took the lid off and going to let it hit 165 while running as hot as the PBC will get!

iANo5BYl.jpg

Looks great! Did you hang it or place on the grate? Also, did you remove the netting before hand?

Looks great! Did you hang it or place on the grate? Also, did you remove the netting before hand?

Thanks! I put it in a foil pan on grate. It did not have any netting. I put rub under the skin and on top.

Back