THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LTCDauber

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Does anyone have one of Myron Mixon's smokers and cooked on it? Considering ordering a 36 or 48 smoker but was curious if anyone owns one and what your opinion is. They cost more than most (Lang, Gator Pits, Meadow Creek, etc.) but since I have always smoked with a water pan, I am intrigue and I also attending his BBQ cooking class and liked the way the operated. Thanks. LTCDauber

I'm curious as well. With the amount of money being asked for you could get a really nice SF pit and know every little thing about how it was made.

I have a 36" I bought about 3 weeks ago.... Problem is I have only cooked on it once. I'm working 6-7 days a week and 12 hours a day (which is why I was able to buy one) lol.... I got it used on the for sale forum....

I was real happy with the way it cooked. I was concerned with wood usage which is the only thing bad I had heard. We'll it used very little wood. I used small splits and would ad 2 every 45 minutes or so.... Dampers responded quick to adjustments and the quality seemed good... The only potential issue I see is using it somewhere that you didn't have a water source because it went through lots of water! I didn't hook the water hose up I just used the elbow to fill during the cook. I was also impressed that when I added cold water it made no change in the temp of the pit and the water continued to boil the whe time.... Overall I was very pleased with my first cook on a water cooker :)

I've cook on the 72 & 72 XC at class and comps. I have a 72XC ordered. They are well insulated and easy to maintain temps. The quality of the fabrication is second to none.
You would not be disappointed in the quality.
Are you at class this weekend?

Appreciate the responses. I attended Mryon's school last summer and that was when I was first compelled to consider buying one. Haven't seen any on the used market but have been saving up. Is the price on the web site the real price or do they haggle a little?

they do bop up on ebay now and then, just from the picture they look like they are pure quality, really when you add up what you get they arent any pricer than a backwoods or any other one size to size and options the same

Back