LSG Mini IVC questions

CivilTrojan

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Chad
Hello,

This is kind of more like a dream and unlikely to happen but I found a LSG mini on offer up near me that has me curious. I have a pellet smoker that doesn’t get used too often, partly because it’s a pain to clean and it’s not quite big enough to use pans in (it affects the temperature too much). I’ve always been most interested in IVC smokers because they have the convenience of a pellet smoker but with better flavor (from what I hear). The video for the mini on LSG’s website says you can cook it full size pans, but I’m curious how well this works because of the experience with my pellet smoker.

So, are there any LSG mini owners out there that cook with pans? If so, how well does it work? Do you notice a difference in flavor when cooking with or without pans? Do pans make a difference in the temperature below and above the pan? Does the pan reduce the mess noticeably?

Thanks for any answers and insights!!

I have the large and it cooks faster if I'm panning food. Not much, but it's just noticable.
I only do it with chicken. I haven't noticed any temp difference above/below it, but then I'm not looking fer it either.
Up here at the Cracker Shack, it's done when it's done.

-D

I have the large and it cooks faster if I'm panning food. Not much, but it's just noticable.
I only do it with chicken. I haven't noticed any temp difference above/below it, but then I'm not looking fer it either.
Up here at the Cracker Shack, it's done when it's done.

-D

Thanks for the response, cooking faster is interesting and something I hadn’t considered. I wouldn’t imagine that the pan would make a big difference in temperature above or below in the large since there is extra room, but in the mini the pan is about the same size as the grate so I wonder if it would block the heat. Also, (this is probably a stupid question) since it isn’t reverse flow does the smoke get down to the food in the pan?

Back